Where do you run from zombs? and does this effect U IRL?

Options
2»

Replies

• missmylin
    missmylin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Missmylin, what boot camp are you going too? A military boot camp or is it a work out group?
    It's a workout group. They're 8-session camps, and I'm in the middle of boot camp #3. (I skipped September.) At the beginning and end of each one, we do a fitness assessment. It's been really neat to see how much I've been improving. I'm still a freakishly slow runner, but I can do a lot more squats and pushups in a minute than I could in July.
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    I started doing the 5k training missions so they fit in fairly well with the track we have on the base. It's outside and through a bunch of old fields. I've only done two of the 5k missions so far, though, so as the story progresses it might fit less.

Today I decided I was going to do the zombie run on the way to my son's school to volunteer. His school is close to where I work. Well, after running for a short time it aggrivated my hacky throat so I put it on pause and decided I would wait until after so I wouldn't be coughing all over the poor kids (which I'm sure their parents would appreciate). Anyways, the program started up on it's own while we were outside with them, haha. Fortuantly it wasn't on a zombie part so none of them heard that. I had to run off to the side though so I could dig my stupid phone out of my pocket and turn it off.
  • bko722
    bko722 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I run alone on the fabulous forest paths in Germany (we're US military). The area is safe, except for wild boar. :D But some days I only encounter a few people so it can be eery. Ironically I'm not really into zombies and don't watch the movies, but I like having a continuous story and some of the acting and story line makes me laugh. I just really want to finish this darn thing! It is nice to listen to something new and unexpected admidst my usual tunes. I just bought the 10k version for this weekend's Halloween race in the forest...looking forward to some distraction!