Let's hear your baby names

Options
ldrosophila
ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
I thought I was having a little boy, but the last ultrasound said possibly girl. Stuck now because I was frustrated enough looking at boy names, but now I have to plan for little girl names.

What do you have so far?

Replies

• nan199678
    Options
    I felt weird about sharing my first girl's name before she was born but this time I'm OK w it. Her name is Madison "Maddie" Elizabeth Smith. :-)
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    If it's a boy, Gabriel James. If it's a girl, Liliana Grace. We find out on Friday!
    Do you have another US scheduled?
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My baby girl's name is going to be Jazzmyn Elise. :)
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Owen Elias is the name we have chosen. Well, my daughter picked it. :)
  • mommyrebeck
    mommyrebeck Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We don't know what we're having yet, so if it's a girl Harlee Grace and if it's a boy Joseph John.
  • Alexz210
    Alexz210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    We're having a BOY! and his name will be Bentley Zeke.
    We love it, even though several people have felt the need to tell us how strange it is.
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If we were having a boy he would have been Fox James Cody but since she's a girl she'll be Olive Julie Monique. We've also had some people tell us how strange Olive and Fox are for names but that's too bad. No one will care about names once they see a cute little baby, I'm sure.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Our little boy will be named after my husband....Christopher Robert Jr.

We finally agreed on one name we liked for a girl right before finding out he was in fact a boy. I am hoping to use it next time if we are blessed to have that girl. :)
  • queenmolly68
    Options
    We are having a boy, and we are not sharing the name because we already had to change it once because "a friend" took it. However, I LOVED the name we had picked out for a girl so I will share it with you in case it inspires you. We had the name Penelope Noel all picked out. So sad I will never get to use it (this is our last baby.)
  • Jem411
    Jem411 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We are having a boy, his name is Ryan William. Ryan is named after a close friend of my husband's who passed away when he was in his 20's and William after my Dad :) .
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    A boy will be Sam or Luke, with middle names wayyyy up in the air. A daughter will be Maria Claudette.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Boy name is Ernest Gerald and girl name is Lena Lucille. We love family names, and this go round I get to pick the name as my husband named both of our sons.

David Terry ( named after both of our fathers)
    Iver Roy (named after a great-uncle on his side, and we each had a grandpa named Roy)

Ernest Gerald is my paternal great-grandpa, and my maternal grandpa's names
    Lena Lucille is my paternal great-grandma, and Lucille is my maternal grandma's middle name, and his paternal grandma's first name.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    We're having a BOY! and his name will be Bentley Zeke.
    We love it, even though several people have felt the need to tell us how strange it is.

Ignore everybody. No one liked Iver when we picked that name and now everyone comments on that it is the perfect name for his personality. Same thing with our girl name Lena. My mother-in-law keeps telling me that all she can picture is Ole and Lena jokes. Told her to get over it. That name has been picked out since we were pregnant with our first. She's had 8 years to get use to the idea.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    We are having a little girl and up until recently, her name has been Sawyer Jayne. Well, my three year old daughter McKenna keeps insisting that her name is Marissa so I think she might end up being Sawyer Marissa. I have noidea wher she got the name Marissa but it's actually very pretty. I really like the names Harper and Finley too but my hubby gave them both a big thumbs down.....so Sawyer it is!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Great names everybody...love to see the variety.

I think we've finally settled on:
    Seth for a boy
    Autumn for a girl (Mom doesn't like it, but I think it's so pretty)

The middle name will probably his father or my grandma David and Rena
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We're having a little boy and his name is Thomas (Tommy) Liam Faith V.

My last name is Faith and his daddy's last name starts with the V and I wanted to make sure both of our names got in there. Tommy was picked after my dad who is still with us but is going through some serious health issues. My dad cried when I told him the name <3
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Having a girl! The middle name was easy- both of our moms have the same middle name- Jean.

As for firsts, we are between Amelia and Piper... so-

Piper Jean

or

Amelia Jean

I think I am partial to Amelia, though now it is in the top names... gah! I wanted something a little more unique. I also really like Sawyer, though hubby says no because it reminds him of Sawyer from the TV show Lost.
  • bethcw1
    bethcw1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tommy or Harry or Charlie for a boy (we already have a Johnny)

no idea on girls yet.... something that goes well with Grace & Charlotte, since those are our 2 older girls...

maybe Sarah or Isabel or Jane
  • samarieL
    samarieL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Chances are strong that she'll be Lilah Ruth. We've also discussed Anna, Brielle, Eva, and Evelyn. Ruth will be her middle name period. We pick that first as we do middle names after family. So her first name is still subject to change but the kids have been calling her Lilah for a few months now so unless she comes out and we're both like "She is So NOT a Lilah" that will be her name. I haven't monogrammed anything. lol

If we'd had a boy he would've been Pierce William. We didn't even discuss other boy names. We picked out Pierce in our last pregnancy and just changed the middle name this go around - we alternate sides of the family, his, mine, his mine, and this time it was his so the name we picked out last name didn't work because it was from my side. lol Yeah we're complicated like that.

Our other children's names are:

Kayden Paul
    Colton Robert
    Sawyer Donovan
    Sierra Catherine

Our son Sawyer was born when that Lost show was popular and someone asked if we named him after the show. We've never seen a single episode of the show, I didn't even know there was a character on there named Sawyer until that question. lol If Sawyer had been a girl he would've been Savannah Catherine and if my older two had been girls they would've been Catherine Grace. If Katie didn't sound too similar to Kayden that's what we would've named this one. We both love it but just too similar and confusing we decided.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    It's funny that people mention linking Sawyer to the show Lost....I never even thought of that (well....I don't watch Lost so I guess that would also be a reason). When I hear the name Sawyer, I think of Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer, lol!