On RAMP

Options
Dmkolls
Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
I've seen/heard others speak of this when they're first starting out Crossfit. I started in late April and outside of my first day when I had to do the standard WOD (500m Row, 50 quasts, 40 situps, 30 pushups, 20 ring rows or something like that), I've always done the WOD but just scaled down to my ability.

Is On Ramp something different from a regular WOD?

Replies

• Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    On ramp usually refers to the instructional classes that most CrossFit boxes do for 2-3 weeks when a person first starts CF. At my box they call it Fundamentals. I never went through fundamentals though because I started CF when the gym first opened, so we all basically did fundamentals together.
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    On ramp usually refers to the instructional classes that most CrossFit boxes do for 2-3 weeks when a person first starts CF. At my box they call it Fundamentals. I never went through fundamentals though because I started CF when the gym first opened, so we all basically did fundamentals together.

Yep, this. It's usually more instruction than a typical class, and they go over the 9 basic movements in a LOT of detail. Mine was called "Foundations" and was 3 weeks at 3 days a week.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    At my box they are called foundation classes. There is no set time when it ends, it is based on each persons level of advancement. In the class you still get different routines each class, just not as vigorous as the regular classes
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I went through it. Pretty much every one does at our box. It was $100 for 6 classes. But even with 6, there are still things that you won't learn until you get deeper into the cult - er, I mean CrossFit. ;).

Since I'm still fairly new, I will occasionally go to the OR classes simply bc I'm a form nut, to the point of paranoia. I'm always hyper aware of preventing injury and making sure every move I do is perfect. It's why I'm almost always dead last on timed WODs with strength! Lol