Allergy?

Options
Hi,

I'm a new vegan. I'm going on week 3 now. Last weekend I developed a very itchy rash on my arms that looked very much like hives and a rash on the top of my mouth that felt like a blister from eating something too hot.

The only new food in my diet is tofu and for flavor a few asian-like products, such as braggs and hoison sauce. I'm eating more whole grains as well now. Most of my food is organic.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Tanna

Replies

• benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Get it checked out by your doctor. Also, check the ingredients list of the asian products you have been using.
    The other thing is that it could be a seasonal allergy from, say, pollen.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Weird. If it was me I would probably cut out all new food, then add them back one at a time to see if you can figure out if one of them caused it. Unless it's really bad in which case a visit to the Dr. would be in order. And remember allergies can become worse with each exposure.

I think soy is a common allergen. You could pretty easily get tested for it.
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It could be detox. But probs allergy by the sounds of things. Find another substitute
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    http://goneraw.com/forum/detox-rash

I didn't have time to read the entire thing unfortunately, but maybe this can offer some insight? I hope everything is okay!