Spartan sprint in 40 weeks...

Options
Yesterday I woke up on my day off from work and of course got really comfy on the couch with my pup in my pjs to watch Grey's Anatomy for the morning. The few days before I was feeling pretty ill. Lazy day! Did my usual lazy set up with my pillow, blanket, and my laptop. Didn't bother to make breakfast, just grabbed a bottle of water. First things first, check facebook. My boyfriend wrote on my wall.. Humm.. He doesn't usually do that. Read as follows ... "Good Morning!! Hope you are feeling better...I signed us up for the Spartan Sprint in June!". He thought I would not be ok with it, but actually I was pretty freaking stoked!

I have been out of shape for a few years now. At my highest I was 245 lbs, then after almost 2 years of hard work I got down to 160 lbs. Did not keep that happiness for too long. Life happens, and I gained it all back but 5 lbs very slowly over 5 years. Cycles of trying to lose it.. go down 10 lbs .. back up 20. The past month I have switched to the paleo eating lifestyle for the most part, but did not pick back up the weights. I lost 10 lbs in that month. I have 40 weeks to train for the race. I will train for the race. My goal is to get around 140lbs. I want to be fit and bad *kitten*, not skinny. So a number on the scale at the end of it all isn't something i'm worried about.

I can't wait! So happy he signed us up for this! =))

Has anyone else done one of the races? Tips would be great!