Do you see the surgeon or your PCP for issues

Options
that *may* be related to your sleeve or NOW that you are post-op ----see your PCP for your ailments that may arise in general...

6/26/13 sleeve day
I ended up with H pylori post op they found antibodies in the pathology of my stomach and they put me on some hardcore antibiotics Clarithromycin, amoxicillin and omeprazole....

After the antibiotic treament(made my new tummy cramp horribly)---maybe 2 o4 3 weeks after I developed a hardcore scalp rash that looked like cornflakes all over my
scalp...I went to see My PCP and she diagnosed me with a YEAST/fungus infection all over my scalp...it is so awful...

My hair is starting to fall out due to all these meds in my system..and the drastic weight loss and diet change

---I still have the scalp fungus to this day....

She gave me ketoconazole shampoo and fluocinonide topical solution for scalp
It's been 6 weeks and Im still dealing with this scalp fungus...Im going back to PCP tomorrow(friday)

i guess this post became a vent post...thanks for listening...

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    How frustrating for you! If you are not taking Biotin or a product called "Nails, Hair and Skin" get some. I use the Biotin and it has stopped the hair loss and I'm getting some of it back. Haven't tried the other, but heard really good things about it. As for the skin fungus, it could be related to the major amount of antibiotics. Try eating some yogurt every day to balance out the good/bad bacteria in your system and ask your PCP for a referral to a dermatologist. Scalp is skin, so a dermotoligist would probably be better for this issue. I know you said you were venting but I hope you don't mind some suggestions.
  • huligoo
    Options
    I don't mind suggestions...keep them comin'
    I need all the help I can get!
    Thanks
  • amylynn924
    amylynn924 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery in Mexico. My Surgeon was Dr. Guillermo Alvarez. We stay in close contact via Facebook. I can also email him or call him if I have any problems or issues related to my surgery. He's very attentive, and answers emails promptly. He's the best.
    Because my Surgery is in Mexico, and I'm in Orlando, I would have to see my PCP for any problems that required medical attention. She was in agreement with me having the surgery, and is very supportive. I'm only 7 weeks out, and so far I haven't needed any follow up.