Red or White wine?

Options
I have found for special occasion dinners if I'm skipping wine, I will try organic grape juice for red, or white peach juice for whites. I mix it in with seltzer water, so it cuts the calories and sweetness and so far seems to pair well with dishes. Cheers!

Replies

• dearb1
    dearb1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love red wine. My husband fetches me from work at 7 pm. When I get home I have a glass of red wine in a crystal glass and it thoroughly relaxes me. It would be ok but the problem is that even though I have only 2 glasses - it is unfortunately addictive ! So I want to give it up for a month and see how I do!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've learned to take a low calorie mocktail (usually 4 oz of fruit juice no sugar added with seltzer and ice) in a nice cocktail glass and sitting out on the deck for 15-30 minutes of quiet time has been a great new way to unwind from the day. :)
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have a similar trick - I stock up on flavored sparkling water and will put that over ice in a glass I normally drink my cocktails in, and decorate it with a slice of lemon or lime, add a straw and viola! I have fooled my brain! Well ok, not really, but it actually did help me to cut out the alcohol when I was trying to get pregnant and I'm using that trick now. I may die of aspartame poisoning but hey, at least my liver will thank me!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I like both red or white. It depends what i am in the mood for.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    When I'm not drinking, I really just drink water. I don't drink anything else anymore.

It's a little boring, but my body can't handle the sugar in juices and sodas. Sometimes I spruce up the water with some Mio.

Yeah I'm super boring.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Nah, you're not boring. When I'm not drinking alcohol I drink only water too - and I'm not boring! LOL. I have started adding the flavored waters to curb the cocktail craving lately, but I generally prefer plain water on the rocks.