SOS Shout out Sundays! 9/22/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey! Gang! What has gone on this past week? What have you learned? What joys and pains have you encountered?

Replies

• nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I went to a friend's surprise graduation party yesterday (it took her 15+ years to get her degree) and ran into friends I've known since High School. I met a women who lost 150 pounds in one year (had gastric) and she now only eats junk and eats soda and has been in the hospital 19 times in the past 12 months because she refuses to make healthy lifestyle changes. My lessons:

1. Friends are really golden. I was so happy to see people I've known for YEARS and to have them embrace me showed me that they were equally happy to see me.

2. It doesn't matter how long it takes, just keep striving to meet your goals. It WILL happen someday as long as you stay dedicated and focused.

3. It doesn't matter HOW you lose the weight, the key to be healthy. If we are only concerned about the external look, it will not last and it will offer no true joy and satisfaction within.

4. People need to come first in life. Not things, not ambitions, not eternal pleasantries. PEOPLE. The sounds of laughing, happy, loving people is one of the warmest/comforting things you can experience in life.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Okay that was the bomb! YOU gone make me cry! WOW!!!!!!! THat was golden! I think I will keep this one forever whenever I am frustrated! Such wise words! YOU Rock G-WOMAN!!!!!!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Well, I learned to accept that when you are busy...hey just roll with it and when time allows get back to the game-plan. I was feeling guilty for not going hard this week...but the job has a lot of changes...plus my period was so painful this week I cried...now when was the last time that happened? Jr. High? I just felt out of sorts.
    I want to run but didn't make time this past week but I will this week!
    I need to figure out a game plan for when my position changes in November...not sure if I will be able to walk as much as I used to....
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Good one. Hope you feel better soon. As long as you stay in the game you'll win!!! It's a process.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    Well, this past week was a crazy week and this week will be worse ( the next couple weeks are gonna stink really) but I just set my mind to roll with the punches and do the best I can.

Things I learned this week:
    The smell of lunchmeat now makes me nauseous (not sure when/why this happened, but this could make lunches difficult since I like having a simple sandwich, some raw veggies or soup, and a piece of fruit for lunch)
    The person that complains that my purse has too much in it, may have to rethink her position after having her performance saved by me because I had my iPod and an aux cord in my purse
    And some things can be funny depending on your perspective
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    2. It doesn't matter how long it takes, just keep striving to meet your goals. It WILL happen someday as long as you stay dedicated and focused.

3. It doesn't matter HOW you lose the weight, the key to be healthy. If we are only concerned about the external look, it will not last and it will offer no true joy and satisfaction within.

I love both of these! Thank you for writing! I had to watch myself on a video for Karate Class on Facebook! The hardest part was not looking at my performance which was the key but looking at ME. I really don't see myself like that video shows. I had to keep refocusing on what I was doing and what I should be doing and not on what I was seeing. It's hard to get out of your head sometimes.