How far out and how is your sleeve?

Options
2»

Replies

• zeana_75
    Options
    I had my surgery on June 4th so I am about 5 months out. I have lost a total of 75lbs. I have noticed during the last month the weight loss has slowed down. I have been doing the up and down with the same few lbs for the last month. I also have been experiencing the hair loss. I get the right amount of protien, and my doctors tell me this is very common, but it is just bothersom for me. I have more energy and fill great, but wondering if I am going to meet my total goal of 190lbs lost. 115 more to go.
  • 54debs
    Options
    My surgery was 5/7/2013, at 6 months now. total loss pre and post op is 62 lbs. Weight has been lost in spurts, some weeks 0 then the next week 5 lbs. Still losing slowly have my 6 mo check in with the dr next week will be interested to hear what he says. His goal for me at 6 months was 180 lbs, weight will be closer to 190. I am 25 lbs from goal and I am ok with the slow pace as long as I can continue do so.
  • jeffwinkler127
    jeffwinkler127 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :happy: Six month out and 136 lost.
  • Bubirn
    Bubirn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow Jeff very impressive numbers, congrats
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am 18 months out now. 144lbs down. I would like to lose another 7lbs but nothing is moving at the moment so I am focusing on not getting complacent and allowing too much of the wrong stuff back in.

I can eat more than before but it is still a small amount compared to pre op. I am just waiting for my new life to becom 'normal' and not something I have to keep thinking about!! Maybe it never will but that is a small price to pay along with feeling freezing all the time!!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,693 Member
    Options
    My 1 year surgiversary is next month (November) so I am no expert, but definitely experienced with this sleeve thing :)
    I have lost 94 lbs, hoping I hit 100 by my anniversary.
    Congratulations on hitting 100!

I am five months out and have lost 103.5#. My tendency to worry keeps me away from crackers that go down too easy, and keeps me sticking to the proteins that provide energy. The sleeve reminds me to stop, makes me too full to eat "bad" stuff.

Hit stalls in my first month, then lost about 3#/week until recently when it slowed down to half that. Need to start exercising more regularly (or stop eating peanut butter).

Have 50-90# to normal BMI range. Wondering if I'll lose the 60-80% that the doctor's predicted, or more? It sounds like some choice is up to us but that our bodies can dictate where we stop, too?
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    7.5 weeks out, 58 lbs. Feeling great - in gym 5x week.