Three Day Military Diet

Options
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had tried the Three Day Military Diet.~ http://blessedmommy.hubpages.com/hub/Lose-Up-To-10-Pounds-In-3-Days-On-The-3-Day-Diet

I used to try to do this diet every Monday-Wednesday and I have had pretty good results with it. You are supposed to workout during the three days but I haven't when I have done it, still I roughly lose 4-6 pounds each time and it stays off for a good while in my case. I have never done this diet multiple weeks in a row due to me not buying the groceries in my house so I am sure if I had some more consistency the weight would stay off better. The thing I like about it is that you are actually eating quite a bit of food and everything is relatively healthy. I have found that I get hungry but if I keep myself busy it doesn't bother me. I would warn people who have hypoglycemia to be careful if they do decide to workout on the three days to just not over do it.

Since today I am getting myself organized and designating it as my sort of motivated launch day I thought I would share something that has worked for me in the past and see if it could be any use to anyone else. I am not a typical dieter but I had a friend who did this and referred it to me and so far I have no complaints. Feel free to post whether it worked for you or not, or discuss it.

Replies

• robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've tried it a couple of times. Truthfully, I lost MAYBE half a pound each time, if that, and didn't keep it off. I felt miserable while I was doing it, even though I was used to around 1300 calories a day. Maybe I had limited success because I didn't like some of the things on the menu. I've had much, much better results (and sense of well-being!) doing stints of very low-carb, vegan dieting. Basically, I loosely followed concepts of Eat To Live.

This means:
    All the vegetables you can eat
    A limited number of fruits
    A little healthy fat [i.e. nuts, avocado]
    Lots of beans for protein
    NO bread/carbs
    NO animal products
    (I cheat sometimes if it's under 30 calories)

I like it so much more! It's still structured like the Military Diet, but I feel so much healthier! Come on, hot dogs? That's BS "science" if you ask me. And I've found two or three amaaazing treats that follow these guidelines that are incredibly healthy and taste like ice cream. There's barely any sense of deprivation, just plenty of energy and well-being.

Vegan low carb >> 3 day military diet!
  • Suuvarok
    Suuvarok Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like having the specific things to eat personally. The more I think about what I am going to make for dinner or spend time on it usually the unhealthier I eat. This diet also helps with portions. When I have done it, I have always had healthier choices of what they say like whole wheat bread instead of white or turkey hot dogs as opposed to beef. They also have substitutions; I hate grapefruit so I drink water with baking soda. So it is good for me cause I am more happy not having to think about what I need to make. You also have to drink tons of water.

Low-carb vegan diets are very good; I am not knocking them at all. However, I have had results with what I have been doing. I think it would be easier for me to maintain something like that when I move out with my fiancé but now it is hard to afford or conduct something like that at my house where people are scattered. Honestly, I think I eat more on this diet than I regularly do, I do not eat three meals a day typically and I usually just eat one bigger meal that is not very healthy.

Sorry the diet didn’t help you, but I am glad you found something that does.