looking for help to pick my next program

Options
lisamfick
lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
Hey all! I'm looking for suggestions. I finished TurboFire and lost 35 pounds then lost another 11 with Chalean Extreme. I've got about another 15 ponds to go but really need to focus on the excess fat in my tummy. My nutrition is pretty good but I'm hoping someone might have some suggestions on what program to do next. thanks in advance

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Have you only done 1 round of TurboFire? If so, I would just do another round of it. It's so much fun and you already have it. If you want to make it more challenging you could always add the weighted sculpting gloves. I definitely feel that in my core (really my whole body) when I wear them. But if you're looking for something new, I'm doing T25 right now and it's great. I wouldn't say it's as much fun as TurboFire (I love getting all dancy), but it's still a great time and Shaun T is so motivating and funny. Lots of core work too! And so short. It's kind of like the HIIT workouts from TurboFire. They're short, but the sweat you have in that small time frame makes you sure that your time was well spent!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity and am doing Hip Hop Abs and T25. I like T25 because it's less than 30 minutes with the cool down - but I like Insanity better because I feel I got a better workout. T25 is not as hard as Insanity, but a great workout just the same if you have limited time. Hip Hop abs is fun, but I think Like to sweat more
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you want a good well rounded program, I will always point people at "Les Mills Combat." I got some great results from it and it's not just cardio based. There is some weight training involved also. I have done Insanity, Les Mills Pump, Combat, Body Beast and I just finished T25. Unfortunately, because my nutrion wasn't spot on, I didn't get much in the way of results with T25. 25 minutes just wasn't enough for me to get outstanding results. It was more of a maintaining program than it was an actual "get fit and lose weight" program. (to me) I know if my nutrion would have been on the money every day, I could have gotten better results. But, I still think Les Mills Combat is one the BEST program out there for awesome results and the most fun while getting fit. Good luck with whatever you decide..
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If you want a good well rounded program, I will always point people at "Les Mills Combat." I got some great results from it and it's not just cardio based. There is some weight training involved also. I have done Insanity, Les Mills Pump, Combat, Body Beast and I just finished T25. Unfortunately, because my nutrion wasn't spot on, I didn't get much in the way of results with T25. 25 minutes just wasn't enough for me to get outstanding results. It was more of a maintaining program than it was an actual "get fit and lose weight" program. (to me) I know if my nutrion would have been on the money every day, I could have gotten better results. But, I still think Les Mills Combat is one the BEST program out there for awesome results and the most fun while getting fit. Good luck with whatever you decide..

I felt the same way with Insanity. I didn't lose weight - but I also didn't follow the nutrition like I was supposed to. But in the end, I came out a lot stronger than I when I went in. I ran a little over 5 miles one day and had to stop because my feet started hurting because of my shoes - I could have went on forever! I never could have done that before Insanity.
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    I finish T25 tomorrow, I have did P90X, Insanity, and Focus T25 this year, I also struggle with my nutrition some, so I do drink Shakeology everyday! I have had good result with all BB programs so far. I too am interested in doing LMC
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I finish T25 tomorrow, I have did P90X, Insanity, and Focus T25 this year, I also struggle with my nutrition some, so I do drink Shakeology everyday! I have had good result with all BB programs so far. I too am interested in doing LMC

I promise you, you won't regret getting Combat. LMC is what I consider my "soulmate" program. Loved it!! And, even though my nutrition wasn't exactly spot on, I still got great results from it. I'm starting my P90X Challenge Group on Monday and after we finish in December, I'll do Combat again for the New Year.