Positivity

Options
So for me, I am seriously my own worst enemy. I am the only person that brings myself down to such a low level and can't seem to see the good in me. This thread is to list at least 2 qualities that you love the most about you. With that, also list 2 good decisions that you have made today regarding your goals.

Things I like about me:
1. I am very social and am very comfortable around all kinds of personalities and people.
2. I love to learn.

Good decisions for the day:
1. I skipped my usual coffee with a lot of extra sugary creamer this morning.
2. I was not tempted by the Chic-Fil-A a friend of mine brought into the car this morning on our way to class.

Replies

• Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Things I like about me:
    1. I like being an advocate for people
    2. I'm extremely loyal

Good decisions for the day
    1. Just like you, I cut out my coffee today, although its all i have until lunch, i realise the sugar is bad for me. so i had FRUIT:d
    2. I decided to not eat flour
  • skill133
    Options
    Things I like about me:
    1. I'm a man and not a woman. :P
    2. I still have all my hair and none are grey at 40.

1. Being active in this group and adding new friends
    2. Driving by the party store I buy pizza from at lunch all the time.
  • shirlinap
    shirlinap Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!

1. I like that I care about others, I value that
    2. I like that I'm smart and level headed

Good Decisions

1. Didn't go out and drink calories whoohoo
    2. Included strength training in my workout after an hour of cardio yay

Wowww... actually writing it down makes u realize how hard we really r on ourselves.. like yeesh.. it shouldn't be so hard to find 2 good things right?? Feel better and reminded to be nicer to myself! Thank u

Going to be my quote for tomorrow...
    http://www.indoorcyclingassociation.com/2013/02/quote-of-the-week-look-how-far-youve-come/
  • Jannah1208
    Options
    What I like:
    1. I love to learn
    2. I have learned to stand up for myself and others. (hate when ppl bully and judge another human being)

Good decision of the day:
    1. pre-planned all my meals to stay on track
    2. I made time in my schedule to do my c25K training instead of finding an excuse.
  • Kaymarie8
    Kaymarie8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1. I'm outgoing and give compliments to others
    2. I strive to do the best I can

Good things I did today:
    1. I made time to workout for tonight...my goal is 4 miles in 40 minutes!
    2. I am not discouraged from what I ate yesterday (which I am not proud of) but I am back on track today and feeling motivated!
  • zoecollins
    zoecollins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love this, have been feeling a little down and was looking for positivity and what better place to find it.... under a post that says 'positivity' haha

Ok....

1. I like routine and being organised
    2. Im a good mum and i try my best

Good decisions today....
    Its still only early here but
    1. ive packed a healthy lunch
    2. i have no change in my purse to tempt me to purchase naughty snacks from the machines at work

I need to start being more postive about mysself and stop being so hard on myself
  • skill133
    skill133 Posts: 161
    Options
    nice zoe and Kay!! I'll take a compliment any time btw Kay. :)
  • mavis153
    Options
    I love this thread! You don't realize you don't ever think about what you like about yourself until you're forced to write it down, we should do this more often:)

1. I like that I'm a strong minded person & I stand up for what I believe in
    2. I have a great sense of humor (or at least I think I do!)

Good decisions today..
    1. I did an hour of hot yoga this morning before work
    2. I planned out a healthy dinner for tonight
  • crash_aly
    crash_aly Posts: 112
    Options
    I didn't think this would be that hard until I actually hit the reply button and had to think of what to write about myself!

Two things I like about myself....
    1. I am a hardworker
    2. I enjoy helping people

Good decisions today...
    1. Got up early and worked out with the personal trainer.
    2. Planned healthy meals for the day and ways to be active after work.
  • skill133
    Options
    1) I'm smart
    2) people like me

1) working out tonight
    2) grapes for snack at work
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Two things I like about myself:
    1. My self confidence has gone up immensely since I've lost weight. I'm actually wearing shorts to the gym now. Before my legs would never see the light of day!
    2. I'm starting to like my shape - I think I'm a pear. I used to hate that I don't really have boobs, but I really love my hips and thighs (which is weird because a lot of women tend to complain about those areas). I feel that it gives me a very womanly shape.

1. Working out even though I don't feel like it. I'm actually about to leave in about 10 minutes. I also realized that I tend to procrastinate and then by the time I'm ready I feel too tired. It's 3:20 AM here. Not giving myself the excuse to miss my exercise though!
    2. Made a very healthy lunch - Beef vegetable soup! Hearty, low on calories and fat (not that fat is bad, but I have to balance out my macros from that bacon I had this morning!)
    3. (Been a good day!) Tried on clothes that I had packed up a few months ago but not taken upstairs yet. I'm glad I did because I almost fit into them now! And these are scrubs so I was really excited. People at work have started to comment that my scrubs are looking a little baggy on me, but I don't want to buy new ones. I estimate that another 10-15 lbs down and I'll be able to wear them comfortably!
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Two things I like about myself...
    1) I am compassionate
    2) I laugh easily

Good decisions for today
    1) I got up early to squat and torso twist before work
    2) I did not eat a piece of the HUGE birthday cake in our breakroom !!
  • skill133
    Options
    Good job Tricia!
  • traceylynnRN
    traceylynnRN Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    These are all great! It is definitely hard to compliment yourself and easy to pick out the negatives. Try not to be so hard on yourself and talk to yourself like you would to a friend or loved one :)