9/26 - Winter's coming

verdemujer
verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
I'm enjoying the cooling days of fall and the colors and the crisp nights. But I know it won't last too long where I live. I find that I am already making adjustments and considering a winter exercise schedule. I'm eyeing those classes that I always think "I'd like to try that!" But I'm also considering adding a day that is dedicated to weight lifting; muscle after all looks better than jiggling loose skin and uses up way more calories. Long term benefit of better muscle development would be averaging out calories use without necessarily having to do more and more cardio to lose the same amount of weight.

What are your plans for this winter? What new class would you like to explore or just add to your routine to change it up a bit? Do you forsee extra challenges? How would you over come them?

Replies

• strong_enough
    strong_enough Posts: 164 Member
    With the weather turning nice I am thinking about walking to and from work. I work 3 miles from home. I think it is a do able goal. I would love to take some martial arts classes but they are not in the budget right now.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    I just started spin class last week!

So awesome! definitely check it out!
  • Don't think I'm going to be changing up too much, although Super Trainer may have other ideas about getting me out to jog- she's mentioned it before, but we haven't done it, I have to keep reminding her I haven't been out jogging in a long time because of my ankle and I had only worked up to about 1/4 of a mile at a time with 1/4 mile walking in between (more because of my asthma than anything else) and since I haven't been out, it may be difficult for me to start flat out, but it may work out, we'll see.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    I really want to start spin class again. I so hope the gym actually opens up this November!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Don't think I'm going to be changing up too much, although Super Trainer may have other ideas about getting me out to jog- she's mentioned it before, but we haven't done it, I have to keep reminding her I haven't been out jogging in a long time because of my ankle and I had only worked up to about 1/4 of a mile at a time with 1/4 mile walking in between (more because of my asthma than anything else) and since I haven't been out, it may be difficult for me to start flat out, but it may work out, we'll see.

try a small bit and see how you do!
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    While the gym I'm going to doesn't have a/c, it does have heat through a base wide steam pipe system. Winter lifting should be better than summer lifting.