Being tall...love it or hate it?

Options
2»

Replies

• afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest, I'm still learning how to "love" it and some days I hate it and wish I were a more average height.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Generally takes years to accept what's difference but the consensus which you reach adulthood is appreciation ????
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Generally takes years to accept what's difference but the consensus which you reach adulthood is appreciation ????

I am an adult but I am still working on accepting my height and weight!
  • Healthy_Hunnie
    Healthy_Hunnie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I really like being tall. I guess if I could alter I would by only an inch or two. I am 6'1.. but most days 6'2-6'3 with shoes. I love my boyfriend, hes about 5'6-5'7. I get told all the time how cute we look. So dont be afraid to date a shorter guy. He has made me the happiest I have ever been and he is the shortest guy I have ever been with. Dont discredit the guys shorter than you.

Being tall is great, I get compliments all the time from random strangers. I like it. I would rather be able to see everything than feel lost and only see bellys/chests on everyone.

Be proud of yourself, you cant change so might as well make the best of it. AND DONT SLOUCH! you look soo much worse when you slouch, stand up straight, you will look better, thinner, and more confident

And keep a smile on your face :)
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options

That made me laugh about you being the tallest person in Honduras. I had the opposite experience recently when I was in Amsterdam where so many people were freakishly tall. At 6' 2" I wasn't even the tallest woman around. It was so interesting to be "average" height there.

Oh, and a grateful thanks to my mom who would not put up with my efforts to slouch to more closely match the height of my peers. Very tall **and** slouchy was not going to happen, as far as she was concerned. Since my height was not something I could actually change, she encouraged me to embrace it and to be proud of it (she is 5'6"). That really helped me so much.

That sounds just like my mom :) She's always telling me to stand up straight and keep my shoulders back because I slouch. She's tactful, she says "I usually notice tall people are more inclined to slouch," instead of just saying "you're slouching." haha. She's only about 5'5'' and would love to be taller.

At 5'10'' since grade 9, I'm definitely used to my height now and love it. Now that I'm old enough that most guys are my height or taller, it's not so awkward. I'm lucky enough to have two best friends who have, since grade 7 or so, told me how beautiful being tall was and how lucky I was and that I should embrace it. Definitely helps when you feel taller than everyone in the worlds to be told it's a good thing!

I *do* wish I could wear heels without being taller than my boyfriend. He's only about half an inch taller than me (unless he's slouching, which he usually is) and I tower over him with anything taller than a kitten heel.
  • LHBrack
    Options
    I struggled with my height growing up and as I slouched the whole time I now have a curved back. But now that I am older I am much more accepting of it. Plus as my legs are getting slender I think I'm going to start liking them again very soon! I'm 6ft.
  • PsychoCygnet
    PsychoCygnet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm starting not to hate being tall as much- it was torture during elementary school, a school-wide joke during middle school, and just plain inconvenient in high school. (I live in a mostly Asian neighborhood, so there were a lot of people around who were shorter than me, and I kept nearly running over freshmen because, unless I was staring at the ground, I had trouble seeing what was going on lower than chest level.)

Now it just means that I look more like an hourglass figure and less like Attack of the Mega-Hipped Woman. And yes, I still have trouble buying jeans, and I occasionally smack headfirst into low-hanging banners at the grocery store, but overall I'm liking it better.
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've learned to embrace it and love it :heart: