Can you balance on a tight-rope??! 9/27

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://shrinkingjeans.net/2013/09/a-balancing-act-housekids-me-time-and-fitness/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+ShrinkingJeans+(Shrinking+Jeans)

It is funny maybe because it is fall and rebirth to a new season but I find a few of us are thinking the same thing at the same time! I was thinking today how sleep is vital to exercise and how well you do the exercise.
It all is in the balancing job, stressful issues with family, eating right, fitness, aging parents, kids and extended family...a balancing act! Who says you can't go on a tightrope?! YOU/WE all try and balance everyday...I think my challenge to you all is try not to strive to be perfect...just be willing to learn. Learn then tweak your life and grow learn again and forgive self.
WE live make mistakes learn change and then go a different way! YAAAY!

Love you guys!
WW

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Amen to that! That's all I do! Some days are worst than others. I still have niggling moments of guilt when I take the time to go exercise. I do have a lot less flack about that though from the family. I think they have the message that I will make that a priority. That means the hubby is learning to pinch team hit a bit more often when it comes to school acitivites and the kiddo. But putting the exercise into the calendar at work with a reminder has given me some more moments of needed cardio. It showed on the scale today. Now - just get offline at night and go to sleep! I need more sleep at the moment. I can't conintue to operate on 5 to 6 hours of sleep per night. Caffine only subsitutes so much for missed sleep.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    Options
    It seems to ebb and flow with me, this week has been nuts and I feel like I'm running around in circles, but when I get down to what needs to be done, it isn't as bad as it seems when I list it out. This is the first time I've really been taking things step by step and not getting stressed out over everything that needs to be done RIGHT NOW and it's much easier to deal with this time. (These meds work GREAT, I don't seem to be as high strung as I used to be!) I will still admit to trying to organize my time and making myself nuts in that respect, BUT I'm at least waiting til the day I'm on rather than trying to organize every day for the week (I would have been pushed over the edge this week!)
  • strong_enough
    strong_enough Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is perfect for me to hear right now. I am so stressed with working, family, cleaning house, cooking, money, fitness, eating right that its pushing me over the edge. I am becoming a nag to my family and a downer to all my friends. I am so worried constantly that I find myself enjoying nothing anymore. This is not who I am and not who I wan tot be any longer. I want ot be spontaneous and fun and happy.