Introduction

Options
Hi all,

I'm currently 53. I was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer (IIIB) with her2+ marker. I started treatment in January 2012 and just recently completed all my treatments on April 25 of this year. I was already about 40 lbs overweight when I started, but remarkably, did scale did not go up during my treatment. It's only since I've finished everything that I've been watching the scale inch up. In addition to gaining about 8 lbs, a lot of the leaner muscle I carried before treatment has gone away and been replaced by pillowy fat. I would like to get rid of 20 lbs to start, but maybe reserve some fat for my DIEP procedure next year, should I still decide to go through with it. Last year (according to consult with restorative surgeon) I was described as a well-nourished female with ample tissue for B or C cup. I wonder what she'll say when I see her now. Probably overfed with ample tissue for DD cup. :laugh:

Replies

• Basilic1960
    Basilic1960 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have since had the DIEP procedure. I will have Phase II revision sometime between end of November and early December. I am trying to lose another 15 lbs by then.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    I have since had the DIEP procedure. I will have Phase II revision sometime between end of November and early December. I am trying to lose another 15 lbs by then.

Hi there! I also had breast cancer, Stage IIIa. I underwent reconstruction and all the fun that goes with that, so I know how you are feeling! It's very difficult to maintain weight when they throw you into menopause isn't it? Good luck with your surgery! It's a long road but there is a light at the end of the tunnel... I am coming up on 4 years post bilateral mastectomies and going strong. :smile: