Protein shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• mzkaneella
    Options
    Can you tell me more about the Quest bars? Is it Whey Protein based? Can I get them on line.. have not seen them where I live...flavor suggestions? Calories? ... sorry always looking for "good" protein bars..
  • midambrosio
    Options
    I'm having my sleeve done next week and for pre op diet the nutritionist recommended only whey isolates. Not blends or concentrations. Has anyone else heard this. It is hard to find different flavors. Anyone use Unjury?
  • mzkaneella
    Options
    The Syntrax Nectars are whey protein isolates... same thing I was told... she approved my use of them
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Six Star Nutrition Protein Isolate Whey Elite Series (decadent chocolate) shake mix. It tastes great and I'm a picky eater and love my chocolate. It has 36g of Protein per serving.

I have sent away for a shake mix called Puritan's Pride Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Complete Protein and Vitamin Shake Mix in decadent chocolate. It is 110 cal, 25 fat, 10 carbs, 6 fiber and 15 protein. It also contains many of the vitamins (B, C, D, etc.) we require after gastric surgery. It should arrive today, but I had one at a friend's house and it was so delicious. It also has a mix specifically designed for women which I also ordered, but I can't remember the ingredients, but they are similar.
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me more about the Quest bars? Is it Whey Protein based? Can I get them on line.. have not seen them where I live...flavor suggestions? Calories? ... sorry always looking for "good" protein bars..

Quest protein bars are great! I use them as snacks for days on the go to keep out of making poor choices. My favorite is the Raspberry cheesecake and the Cookie Dough. They are a blend of Whey and milk protein isolate.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/

As far as protein goes, I use Max Protein from SEI Parmacuticals. I've been eating protein shakes for 18 months now, and I can't even count how many I've tried. This stuff is good! If I want different flavors, Nectar protein is pretty good. Different flavors such as fruit punch and iced tea. They are pretty good for a change in routine.

http://www.seinutrition.com/products/MAX-PROTEIN.html
    http://www.netrition.com/syntrax_nectar_page.html
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Forget what I said about the Puritan's Choice Shake Mix for Women - it came and tastes like chalk. I am going to mix it with my Whey Isolate and the Complete Protein and Vitamin Shake mix to make it more palatable. The other shake mix that came tastes good, but not as good as the Whey Isolate Elite Series made by Six Star Nutrition.
  • ujuoba
    ujuoba Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I am learning how to post. I apologize.
    I was trying to inquire as to the brand of the unflavored, dissolving high protein that member "lishardesty" mentioned.