Home Gym?

Options
I was sick balancing the bar on plates, took over my dads woodshop and created these for 20$

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nice! I haven't done woodshop since high school. :laugh:
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Want!

Can you post the mats, and I'll have my husband make me a couple of those? Please oh please?
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Want!

Can you post the mats,and I'll have my husband make me a couple of those? Please oh please?

Nerd! :wink:
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Very industrious of you. Those will make life easier!
  • pintobean
    pintobean Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nice!! and best price ever.

I wish I was creative and new stuff like that. I bought a mini deadlift jack for myself cuz it was easier to load/unload the bar with it. They were not that cheap.
  • Mikej77
    Mikej77 Posts: 112
    Options
    Want!

Can you post the mats, and I'll have my husband make me a couple of those? Please oh please?

2nquzns.jpg
    I went to home depot, purchase two 2x4s that were 8ft, cut one into eight 10" pieces, then cut the other 2x4 into twelve 7.25" peices,
    I found a sanded piece of 3/4 inch plywood, 48"x24", Cut this in half so you have the two base pieces of 24"x24". Hardest part was screwing the 2x4s together, I used 2 inch screws, gotta line them up so the screws do not hit each other. Let me know if you have any questions
  • DaniH826
    Options
    Thanks a ton!
    Nerd!

You bet! :laugh: I guess the 7 years of WoW playing came through on that one, eh? :smile:

As is the OP evidently cause he knew exactly what I was talking about. :drinker:
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Much nicer than my paint cans! Thanks OP:drinker:
  • Mikej77
    Options
    Thanks a ton!
    Nerd!

You bet! :laugh: I guess the 7 years of WoW playing came through on that one, eh? :smile:

As is the OP evidently cause he knew exactly what I was talking about. :drinker:

The funny part is I did not even notice you said mats until now. That is funny! Do you guys game?
  • DaniH826
    Options
    The funny part is I did not even notice you said mats until now. That is funny! Do you guys game?

Only all the time. Quit WoW in April after like 7 years (played City of Heroes for several years before that), and currently playing Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls titles until Elder Scrolls Online is released next year.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Useful post is useful! I want to make these, or at least make my husband make them for me. Thanks for posting!
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm now brave enough to ask the question... Why do you need these? I can't work out when I'd use them. I've wondered this since you first put the thread up, but been to chicken to ask. Chicken no more! Please help a doofus out... :blushing:
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm now brave enough to ask the question... Why do you need these? I can't work out when I'd use them. I've wondered this since you first put the thread up, but been to chicken to ask. Chicken no more! Please help a doofus out... :blushing:

I'm guessing for loading the bar for deadlifts? also maybe to hold the bar at a good height for rows?
    you're not the only one who didn't have a clue! :)
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options

I'm guessing for loading the bar for deadlifts? also maybe to hold the bar at a good height for rows?
    you're not the only one who didn't have a clue! :)

Yes and yes :).
  • Mikej77
    Options
    When doing rows and deadlifts the bar should be at 8inches off the ground as though it had 45lb plates on it, I did not start with that weight nor did my wife. I wanted to have something to put the bar on so it was at the proper hieght, also when doing OHP, I start out from the ground cause I do not have a rack outside.
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Oh... That's why I bought Crossfit bumper weights. They are pretty, colourful and all of them are BIG! And I hate the sound of the weights crashing onto the floor. I thought being rubberised they might not make so much damage to the tiling floor. My OH told me I was an idiot, they still weigh a ton!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Oh... That's why I bought Crossfit bumper weights. They are pretty, colourful and all of them are BIG! And I hate the sound of the weights crashing onto the floor. I thought being rubberised they might not make so much damage to the tiling floor. My OH told me I was an idiot, they still weigh a ton!

When I bought my Olympic weight set, I went with bumpers as well for that exact reason. Got sick of trying to balance weights on 2 aerobic steps. I'm not as cool as the OP and could never come up with something as creative to solve the problem, much less build it!