The group premise

Options
There are so many groups for so many things out there, support, diets, exerise, challenges, and on and on... I really would like to see this group be a little different.

I would like to see a intimate group of people that can and WILL be a regular receiver and giver of support DAILY. I know there are things that happen in life and never missing a checkin will not be feasable, but I would like our group to be strong for each other on a regular basis. I am hoping we wont become a quick in and out group, but a close group that we can begin to rely on each other for our very long battle ahead. If you are reading this group, you have more then 100 pounds to loose and if we will REALLY be here to support each other and hold each other accountable WITHOUT being judgmental, we can do it.

I guess what I am hoping for is a group of givers and supporters that are also ready to receive for themselves that same support that we are so easy to give to others. I think most of us have made it to the world of morbid obesity because we are often much more willing to help others then we are to accept help for ourselves. It is time we allow ourselves to do both and help change the lives of another while we let them help us change our lives.

In addition to support, we must have accountability. Weekly weigh ins, daily check-ins (as best as possible), with both encouragment and prayer to help each of us battle the hard times that will be ahead.

All that being said, I also want to see our ultimate trust and faith be soundly rested in God. Without His guidance and control, we are helpless no matter what actions we take.

If you are ready to commit to God, self, and others; please consider joining us and letting us be a part of the changes coming to your life.

Also, if you notice that there is minimal conversation, please don't think that means the people are not busy working. Once you are 'friends' with others, most conversation takes place in personal messages. We are here and working hard!!! ;)