Bring Sally Up/Bring Sally Down

Options
sara_m83
sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
My box has just threatened someone who has left their shoes out with this WOD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc2mZkyb2so

While it looks tough, it also looks fun! I think we should try it in our regular programming. Has anyone else tried the bring sally up/bring sally down squat challenge?

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    We did that last week at my box it was fun, I'll probably do it again this week
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Did it as a cash out with one of my coaches last week (I used the empty women's bar). I had to stand up/stay standing a few times, but I managed to get through it all! It was actually quite a lot of fun!!
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It's reminiscent of the "Thunderstruck" warm up we do from time to time. Instead we do double-unders until you hear 'thunder" or "thunderstruck" at which point you do a burpee every time either is said and resume double-unders afterward. I'd like to try this one. If only to see how much the level of suck is.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options
    We actually video of us doing it for all of the classes on Facebook if you go to Crossfit Rowan on Facebook
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    We did it with air squats as a warmup for cleans yesterday. I really wanna try it with the RX weight just to see if I can make it through.

I've also heard of people doing this with pushups, i think holding the bottom of a pushup would be way worse than a squat.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I've also heard of people doing this with pushups, i think holding the bottom of a pushup would be way worse than a squat.

^^^ this would kill me.
  • jenjenn76
    Options
    My Box just did it Sunday with Rx weight as a warm up - I WOD with psychos!! (I'm still pretty much a newbie so they are all very impressive to me LOL)
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options
    I'm just glad it wasn't overheard squats
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    We did this last Friday at my box. LOT of fun and can't wait to do it again!!
  • fakeittomakeit
    fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Seeing the people at the end of the video is hysterical! I would say that I would love to try it, but it looks rough!
  • Bella_DiVine
    Bella_DiVine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We did it last week, was tough but fun. I had to stay standing for one of the downs :-(
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Ahh..I didn' t realize others had this one as well. We did it last week. There were definitely a couple times when I had to stand up early to put out the fire in my legs. Whew!
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We did it maybe 2 weeks ago. I went Rx but fell short by 2 reps at the end from completing it! So pissed!!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    We are going to start doing Sally weekly... last week we did Back Squats... this week we have been told it will be OHS... yeeeeah booooooy!
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My box has just threatened someone who has left their shoes out with this WOD:

Our box has a "1 burpee per pound" penalty if you leave your plates lying around... needless to say, we have a VERY orderly gym. ;-)
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options

We're doing this today just for our warm up. Ack!