Meant to be :)

Options
jjanay100
jjanay100 Posts: 46 Member
I really love to have a drink (or two) while cooking supper. I am a stay at home mom to 3 right now - 6 month old twins and a 3 year old. My days are long and very exhausting. Come 5:00 I am usually ready to throw in the towel as both babies are tired and freaking out and their brother is hungry and demanding and I deal with it by having a glass of wine so I can chill out a bit!!
So the other day I decided to give in to my craving I've been having for over a moth for a gin and tonic....my favorite drink! I bought a big bottle of gin hoping it could last for a while. That night i had one drink and the next day my husband accidentally dropped the almost completely full bottle and it smashed - gin everywhere! It was sad to see $30 pooling up on my floor but I knew i couldn't afford to buy another. Now i see it was meant to be. how long would that bottle have lasted? I would have wanted a drink every night ...or 2 or 3! Now there is no alcohol in the house so may as well join Oct-sober!!!
Feel free to friend me as I am always looking for more supportive people :)

Replies

• dimdn
    dimdn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am s stay at home mom of two girls 3 and 20 months. I know what you mean. I'll have a glass of wine cause I feel like I deserve it after a stressful day. Then that 1 glass turns into 2 or 3. Gin and tonics are my favorite too:) Cooking dinner while trying to keep the kids happy is exhausting. Yesterday I stopped cooking and took the girls on the deck to blow bubbles. My husband helped me finish when he came home. Good luck with Oct-sober!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on the feel like you deserve it after an exhausting day. Finding other ways to unwind now :)
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Oh, you poor thing....watching that precious gin trickle away :( I know what you mean about having that well-deserved drink or three as a reward at the end of the day - no body works harder and deserves more of a reward than a mom!

Ah well I guess it was a sign. Welcome aboard!