Has anyone ever spent $90 on a bra?

Options
kathyt08069
kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
I am looking for opinions on new undergarments. My friends and I stopped by a shop that advertised proper bra fittings. Out of the six members of the group two decided to be "fitted". The shop owner did a wonderful job with the fitting, both ladies in the group looked so much better in their new bras. It was amazing the difference the new bra made in their appearance. Now I really want to go back to the shop (it is local for me) and be fitted. My concern is the price; one bra was $89 and the other was $59. My husband would die if it spent $90 on a bra. I even get nervous when spending $30 on a bra. Part of me wants to splurge but another part says wait until you have lost more weight.

What do you think is it too much of a splurge or should I wait until I have lost a few more pounds before I do a fitting?

Replies

• OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I asked myself the same about whether to splurge on a really good bra. I didn't and kept buying the cheaper ones. Now I have a bunch of them I can't wear anymore. When you're five pounds or so from your goal weight you should be safe. You could try herroom.com, they might have the one you like for less and have a great questionnaire for bra fitting.
  • kathyt08069
    kathyt08069 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that is a great suggestion. I will check out the website and probably hold off on a pricey purchase until I am closer to my goal.
  • tputsche
    Options
    Well I would buy one good bra it will last you about 3 sizes with the band change. I spent about 65 I think on one of the new jockey bras. Its amazing how much a difference it makes. I save it for days when I'm not working out and use my old Olga bra's then. Even those are mid 30 ish range. It makes such a difference you feel better and you know you look better. Bra's are a necessity for women. women always get hit with things men don't you know, bra's, female products- not cheap making sure the birth control is taken care of , etc. the nice thing about aging, you need to worry about fewer of those things, but Bra's is a number one priority. The tissue is less elastic over time, and needs good support. Also i think if your undergarments fit well you feel better about yourself in clothes. Doesn't hurt to get fit, and see where you are in the fitting process. Let them know ahead you may not be ready to purchase but need to see for yourself if there's a difference. Not only that you can just buy one. You don't have to get a whole bra wardrobe! try it on girl!