Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi

Hi my name is Chevy. I hope we can have some fun using our exercise bikes. I purchased one like 2 months ago and I only gave it a go for the first week. I guess i need more motivation anyway lets have fun.

Replies

• wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 481 Member
    Hi, I know what you mean, mine is just standing here staring at me lol.
  • Hi How about setting a goal for the month mine will be 31 miles.
  • wifeyy
    Hi How about setting a goal for the month mine will be 31 miles.

That is great!
  • Sexy76Me
    Sexy76Me Posts: 14 Member
    Sounds great was thinking about how I need to use my bike more. for Me i was going to start out for 10 mins and every day go up 5 mins
  • wifeyy
    Sounds great was thinking about how I need to use my bike more. for Me i was going to start out for 10 mins and every day go up 5 mins

That is awesome!!!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Hi! My name is Emily and it is getting colder where I am so I need to get into the habit of using mine. What a great idea!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member

Thats so funny I ran across this group. I was just looking at my bike holding my towels and thinking I should really use this more! And this idea is great! I am IN!
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 258 Member
    Hi I would like to join the challenge but I don't have a bike I have a tiny little gazelle exercise machine I would like to do it with.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Ok Hi everyone, I am Be or Bebubble! I did 20 minutes on my recumbent bike! Will do more tomorrow!
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Hi everyone! Oh how I went back and forth with joining this group or not. My stationary bike sits there to my left and I feel a bit guilty for not using it. So, here I am...figured I can commit to 30 days. What's the worst that can happen? I'll feel better, possibly gain some muscle & lose some lbs :bigsmile: LET'S DO THIS!!!
    p.s. me and exercise are not friends :sad:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Recumbent bike sitting behind me. So just got up and did 5mins. Its a start. Thanks for prompting me. Haven't exercised in ages and after losing loads of weight 2 years ago I found it all and now I am back here looking for motivation.
  • wifeyy
    GREAT JOB !!! All of you,

I am glad I could be of help and please do everything to reach the finish line :happy:
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Possible "help you stick to it" strategies:

1. If you can see a tv from your stationary bike, and have a fav show .... you have to peddle if you want to watch.

2. If your tv is a flatscreen, you can probably hook up your laptop to it and use it "as if it were a monitor" .... opening possibliities like Netflicks, dvds etc.

3. If you can use your tv/monitor to keep your mind distracted as time passes (so you pedal longer than you thought), check out possible downloads from Virtual Active for first-person view 30 minute trails filmed at biking speeds. (I have used the hiking-speed ones) That way, you can change the "scenery you bike though" from time to time.

4. Anything audio that will inspire you (radio, audiobook, cds - there are often inexpensive Cardio CDs in the drugstore - keep your pace at the speed of the music - just pick the gendre version that appeals most. I have seen "Movie Themes" "80s" "70s" and others.

4. Put a map on your wall, pick somewhere you want to "bike to" and keep moving the pin along to mark how much cumulative milage you have managed to date.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    The best part about being on a stationary bike is being able to close my eyes while I ride! LOL!! It's almost a meditative experience. :)

Btw, I'm with you all, two days of riding, even if only for a few minutes at a time.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    I'm in Australia so a day ahead in time. So really my Oct 2 is maybe your Oct 1.

Oct 2. 5mins
    Oct 3. 16mins
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Possible "help you stick to it" strategies:

4. Anything audio that will inspire you (radio, audiobook, cds - there are often inexpensive Cardio CDs in the drugstore - keep your pace at the speed of the music - just pick the gendre version that appeals most. I have seen "Movie Themes" "80s" "70s" and others.

I love listening to music while i exercise, greatest motivation!

@Jellyfishjen: im also in aus i just post as the day is for us =)

Helllo to all,
    I ve had the stationary bike for 3 years now and been using it on and off. The good thing about it is you sit while you exercise but the bad being you get a sore butt lol which is why i limit to 30min blocks. However, if the music is pumping me i go longer!

Wish you all the best!!
    Thanks for creating this group!!
  • AZRunnerGirlinErie
    AZRunnerGirlinErie Posts: 98 Member
    Hi - just found this group last night and am excited about joining. Really needing to up my cardio and this is the perfect challenge for me. Thanks!