How To Post Pics

Options
Sheri869
Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
I use tinypic.com as no account is needed and the process is pretty fast - but some had problems with it or found it to be a hassle so I also posted what some of the other girls use that is easier for them! If you have questions or need any help please feel free to message me or post here - If its the one I use - would be happy to help or if you use one of the others I'll put you in contact with them to get some guidance!!

1. go to www.tinypic.com
2. click "Browse" to find the picture on your computer, select the picture file and then click "Open"
3. Click the Resize drop down menu and chose "Website/Email (320x240)" or "Message Board (640x480)". Either of these sizes will do fine for posting here.
4. Click "Upload" You will get a box come up on your screen that you will have to retype a word or phrase, that is Tinypic's way of making sure you are an actual person and not a spam bot. Click "Upload Now"
5. Click on the box that gives you the code for IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards. When you click the box, the whole thing is automatically highlighted. Right click to copy or use Ctrl+C then come here and paste it into a post. Remember to change IMG to lowercase img before submitting your post (on the front And back end of code).

*****usernamekelly1*****
Dave showed me how to use imgur - all you do is go to imgur.com upload the pic, on the right hand side there are link codes, it's the BBcode you need, after you have pasted it you need to change the capital IMG to lowercase img at the beginning and end :)

*****mailaig******
I must admit I still prefer Photobucket and they have an app for the iPad which is where I use MFP from. A lot of the others aren't very intuitive if you aren't using a computer. It provides the link that you need for message boards and copies automatically, again all you have to do is change the upper case IMG to lower case...

Replies

• bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I couldn't access tinypic. I got a flickr account, but how do you get pics from there to here?
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    bellesouth18 - I find Flickr a little hit and miss for sharing from, however, here are the instructions for you from the Flickr site itself...

How do I share my photos?

Anyone who pops by Flickr can see your public photos. Here are some other ways to share:

Blog, tweet, or Facebook any of your photos Set this up in your account settings..
    Set up your own Flickr web address (like http://www.flickr.com/photos/george/) and share it with all your friends
    Email, link, blog, or get the HTML code to embed pictures using the share menu above a photo, to the right of the Actions menu.
    Send individual photos to people, either as attachments to an email or as a link to a Flickr page
    Make a Flickr badge for your web site
    Add tags to your photos so anyone searching the Flickr collection can find them
    Add your photos to a group
    Permalink | Top

How does the Share menu work and what should I know about it?

You can find the "Share" menu on many Flickr pages, including photo pages, sets, galleries, favorite pages, and groups.

On photo pages and photostreams, you can access it by clicking on this icon:

Everywhere else, it will look like this:

The Share menu allows you to share via email or enabled social services. Here, you can also grab the URL, embed code, or BBCode.

Good to know:

Email and Grab the link are always available. Because this only lets people share the photo page URL which is available anyway.
    When you share a friends, family, or private photo to your Facebook wall, a guest pass will automatically be created and used.
    To not forget the children, the sharing buttons cannot be used to share "moderate" or "restricted" content.
    If a photo is available under a Creative Commons license, sharing via Facebook, Twitter, and to blogs will always be enabled.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,968 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this site!

10hpwe8.jpg
  • Merrychrissmith
    Merrychrissmith Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    test self portrait!

20ra5ht.jpg
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member