disgusting looks

Options
1802go
1802go Posts: 77 Member
Your just a fat walrus secret thoughts.... The other day

So I went to get my eye looked at because it was burning, tears were poring down my face.
Sitting in the chair the eye Dr. was looking at my fat tummy.. at first with no expression then he looked like he was going to be sick. How do I know he was looking at my fat tummy?
Well its like we know when a man is talking to our chest and not us.
Why don’t we say something when someone does that to us?
I was there for my eyes not his judgment the f%$%#*

ok back to my eye I had a torn Cornea all better that will be 250$

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you had to endure this.....it is so sad how this type of discrimination is one that is tolerated and accepted by many. I have been to a number of interviews where I knew that my size was why they turned me away.....how do I know this, because when they did the phone interview they stated I sounded like the person they were looking for, and that my references were beyond anything they ever expected....than get to the office only to be asked do you have any questions for us....asked a few. and than was told to have a nice day no other questions asked of me......hmm what does that say......basing judgment on looks or rather my size, as I was in interview clothing etc.
  • 1802go
    1802go Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yes ... this
    This society has a belief that heavy people are lazy and stupid ....so very interesting.. that is, I if you can set outside of your self and take a look. One of the last prejudices of our time?? I understand some country’s do not allow some of our skinny ads they don’t want our prejudices to inter into their county?
    I do think... like myself that I am in need of a more healthy way of life.
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I tend to have many people start at my massive stomach (the 60 inch measuring tape doesn't go all around... but it's closer now!) and it is very frustrating. I really wish they'd just let us be instead of staring until we are uncomfortable.
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I so know all about this! The worst is flying home to see family. My weight has stopped me from flying because my last trip, I was placed next this super skinny couple and he just complained and I felt horrible. I was already at a bad point in life and this just made it worse. So once we could get up from our seats, I kindly advised the flight attendant about my situation and she moved me to a larger seat up front. She told me she understood and she was so sorry I had to endure his remarks.

So that became one of my goals, to be able to sit in a plane seat comfortably and not get the stares from everyone as I am walking the isle.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    KValmera I can so identify. I claimed that I would no longer fly because I didn't want to be groped by the TSA (because nobody is going to take a fatscan of my body, no thanks!) but the real reason is that I just got tired of the dirty looks and comments from fellow travellers. I've never had a flight attendant show that kind of kindness either. I also feel I was turned down for jobs because of my size, but that was a blessing in disguise in the end. We can only change our decisions today and weight loss is not instantaneous. I just wish people would have a bit more empathy.