Walk It Off in 30 Days Challenge

Options
IMG_8187-550x366.jpg

Is anyone participating in Leslie's Walk It Off in 30 Days Challenge? I don't have a Twitter account, so I didn't officially join the challenge, but I read her blog post about the challenge and watched the video she posted (http://www.walkathome.com/sansone/walk-it-off-in-30-days-challenge-week-1/). I like that she posted the challenge on her blog, so those of without Twitter can see what workouts are on schedule that day.

Today (Thursday) is 2 miles :happy: I'm not following her challenge to the letter, but I like checking in each day to see what she posted as the challenge for that day.

Replies

• supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes i'm doing it. i'm combining this with our monthly challenge.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Are you following the challenge with a Twitter account? Is there a lot of benefit to following the challenge with Twitter? I read she was doing Twitter chats during the challenge, which would be cool.
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That was the plan but when i upgraded my twitter app, it completely wiped it out. So i've been checking on facebook to see if there was anything i was missing.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I actually started the "Walk it Off in 30" this week as soon as the video came in the mail! I do the "Firm 30" on Tues/Thurs/Sat (Oh my goodness does that make my legs sore! Holy Cow!) and the Burn 30 on Mon/Wed/Fri and one of the 5 mile walks on Sunday. I have to walk more than 30 minutes at my fitness level to keep those pounds coming off so I picked Sunday! I also am not on Twitter or any other Social Media (mostly because of my job) and I love it that she is posting this to her site. However, as much as I want to stick to Leslie's program, I absolutely cannot walk in the morning except to the coffee pot and shower, so I will make it up after work! How fun that she is willing to do this! :happy:
  • smalltowntwo
    smalltowntwo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm following it. Did 2 miles today - 1 miles outside and 1 mile with one of Leslie's videos. Then did a 12 min. ab video (I think it was supposed to be lower body today, but I did them backwards). I have an account on Twitter, but I find it confusing. I haven't done Twitter very long, so not sure if I just don't know what I'm doing, or what, but it's easier for me to follow her on Facebook and her website.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    However, as much as I want to stick to Leslie's program, I absolutely cannot walk in the morning except to the coffee pot and shower, so I will make it up after work! How fun that she is willing to do this! :happy:

I am the same way in the mornings! I prefer to work out in the evenings. I am pretty much a zombie in the mornings and don't even enjoy working out in the morning.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    However, as much as I want to stick to Leslie's program, I absolutely cannot walk in the morning except to the coffee pot and shower, so I will make it up after work! How fun that she is willing to do this! :happy:

I am the same way in the mornings! I prefer to work out in the evenings. I am pretty much a zombie in the mornings and don't even enjoy working out in the morning.

Oh my gosh I thought I was the only one! She is constantly saying on her DVDs "Just get up and do a mile and you'll feel great for the whole day!" and I am thinking, not a chance! :yawn: LOL I love to work out in the evening as well. It takes away all the stress of the day and I can have a hot relaxing shower after. I seem to sleep so much better. Glad I am not the only night owl! :happy:
  • Dcharnice
    Dcharnice Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just got my DVD today. Wil be starting this November 1. Currently doing another LS program. Short term goal of 20lbs down by January 1. #YesICan