WEEK 1 CHALLENGE

Options
Sheri869
Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
WEEK 1 Challenge
#1 - WORKOUT
30/30/45/60 - Do a Minimum of 4 workouts this week
2x 30 minutes - 1x 45 minutes - 1x 60 minutes
(Sunday - Friday morning 10am) - On 4 Different Days! (all these times are, of course, challenge minimums...feel free to go longer!!)

BURN a MINUMUM of 1000 CALORIES For the Week!!
TEAM CALORIE BURN TOTALS - 13,000 CALORIES
As I don't believe I have total completion of teams I'm going to keep this # kind of low but straight across the board - so All Teams Need to hit a minimum of 13,000 Calories! That should be more than doable for all teams!
#2 - REPS - This is Always IN ADDITION to your workout times
Do 400 Reps!
YOU Choose what you want to work - Upper Body, Lower Body, Cardio or Core! ALL 400 Reps for this week MUST work the area you chose! You may do different types of reps but work the 1 area All Week! 25 of 1 specific exercise at one time to be couted toward the 400.
You can use weighted machines, weights or just your own body...examples - squats, glute reps, leg lifts, crunches,
situps, jumping jacks....the internet or your teammates
are GREAT for reference or ideas for this!

#3 - Focus on Flexibility - CHOOSE something you would like to be able to do by the end of the Challenge!! For this week - Just spend 5 Minutes on 3 days doing some strectching to get yourself closer to your goal.
ie: on the big side...maybe you would like to be able to do the splits or when you're standing you would like to be able to bend and lay your hands flat on the ground or when sitting you would like to be able to open your legs wider when stretching and/or lower your head to the ground. AND this is in addition to any before/after stretching you should be doing in your workouts!!!! Internet and teammates is a great place for stretching ideas and I also have a huge book on it if you need ideas.

Thats it this week for the workout...Simple huh?!
BUT most of you know me....this is Definitely your mellow week....Much More Fun To Come from here on out!

OVER this week you need to.....
#4 - CHOOSE a habit you would like to change (Does NOT have to be diet/exercise related)
ideas...go from 3 alcoholic beverages to 1 - Stop drinking altogether - Quit/cut back smoking - Stop talking negatively to yourself - cut out soda - or caffeine - cut back to 1 hour a day playing video games - or 1 hour a day mindless surfing the internet (not including MFP ;-P) - Stop watching tv by 7pm...etc.

#5 - CHOOSE a New Good Habit or Hobby!!
ideas - Do 10 minutes more stretching before and after a workout, spend 20 minutes a day organizing a room in your house - walk the stairs EVERYtime stairs are an options - learn how to play an instrument or a new language - donate your time - take time to read 30 minutes each day - cook a meal each day and sit down at the table to eat it -
cook 7 meals in advance for the week!

For #4 AND #5 - These will start next week and are for the entire challenge so CHOOSE WISELY!! and these will be for points... you have a week to think about it - Suggestion...write down a bunch of things for both that you would like to do...then narrow it down...BE REALISTIC BUT Please also Choose something that Will, In Fact, Be a CHALLENGE for you!! You need to have chosen your items by Friday Deadline
but it will go on your team thread daily or every couple days.....:Hopefully you all have had some contact with your teams...after today I will be more available so if you have ANY questions please don't hesitate to ask!!! Posting sample....
Stretch Goal - Back Bend....
Sunday:
30 Min / 420 Calories (biking, zumba, walking)
50 Upper Body Reps (50 total)
Stretching - 5 minutes
20 Points (those you'll see next week!)

Replies

• Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    My Fun Little Format I usually do wouldn't work and my next wave of company just got here and I KNOW I NEEDED to get this up!! So I just had to put up the minimum so you guys at least knew what you would be doing! I am SO Sorry this has gone up SO Late!!!!

This week has been a tough one!! And I REALLY apologize on how behind I have been! I Promise I will be Much Better!!

But I REALLY Want you all to know how excited I am to get going on this again! I know this is going to be another SUPER group with all of you mega competitors!!
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your visitors ... thxoxo for the challenge.
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love the #4 & 5 additions this time, I'll send today having a think about it, I'm already doing sober October as my half celebrations went on a little too long as the scale showed, so I won't pick alcohol... of for a coffee (maybe that should be it haha)

Great looking week, thank you Sheri :flowerforyou: and enjoy the company!

Good luck everyone (fight talk will commence next week:wink: )
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sherri. As always you challenge us in ways I wouldn't think. I will have to think about these. My husband almost divorced me last time I tried to give up coffee. :laugh: But I am happy to save 95% of the time at least I still am down to one cup a day. Instead of 1-2 pots.

Enjoy your company.