Eating for 2

Options
Emma38418
Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
Learned the hard way, put on close to 50 pounds with my first pregnancy and I am determined not to let it happen this time! Trying to do a bit of gentle exercise every day and watch what I am eating using MFP. I only found this when I was trying to lose the weight after my first one, hopefully it will help me keep on track this time! x

Replies

• Lmsvelling
    Lmsvelling Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I gained about 30 lbs with my first, but am currently over weight. I am trying to gain very little this time. I have been doing some prenatal yoga in the morning and walking before work. I just feel hungry ALL the time. I need to get a bunch of healthy snacks to have handy so I am not bingeing on junk food!!!!!!!!
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    I gained 60 lbs with the first and 45 lbs with the second. I definitely know a thing or two about "eating for two" ;)

I am aiming for a 15-20 lb weight gain this time around. Wish me luck!
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I put on about 40 pounds with my oldest, and I honestly don't remember for my second. The second pregnancy was a much more healthy gain and I know I did not weigh much over my starting pregnancy weight after giving birth. Maybe just 10 pounds or so. I am looking forward to a much healthier pregnancy all around this time. With both kids I did not stay active and I plan on doing so this time.
  • Emma38418
    Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I didnt exercise at all with my first pregnancy and really regretted it once it was all over and I had 50 pounds to struggle to lose. I thought i was doing best "listening to my body", and as i spent so much time tired whenever i wasnt at work i was trying to rest (I work 12 hour days). This time I still work the same hours and have my 2.5 year old to look after but i am trying to squeeze in half hour walking before work and eating much more healthily to prevent the same gain.