Morning sickness

Options
Emma38418
Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
I feel terrible for you ladies that suffer with sickness, I know I am lucky to have not had anything but I know a lot of people who have had it rough. Perhaps you would share how you best find relief to try and help others? x

Replies

• kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I feel terrible for you ladies that suffer with sickness, I know I am lucky to have not had anything but I know a lot of people who have had it rough. Perhaps you would share how you best find relief to try and help others? x

I drink tea and eat saltine crackers. Eating a few saltines before I even get out of bed actually helps a lot too. I can't even look at food until around lunch time so the tea really helps keep my stomach from being completely empty.
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any with my first. And so far, besides being very energy deprived, I feel pretty good. Last time I thought I was getting morning sickness, but it turned out my stomach just couldn't take the prenatal vitamins
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    With my son, I had no sickness what-so-ever. I am now pregnant with #2 and have it all day every day. The thing that works for me is ginger. Ginger candies and pure ginger work the best. Put a tiny slice of ginger in water or tea and drink it, then put the rest of the ginger root into the fridge. :smile:
  • hogroast82
    Options
    I haven't been sick but I feel so so sick and the only thing that is helping is to eat! I am eating constantly, I feel like such a failure as I didn't want to put on too much weight this time but I am packing away the carbs :( I'm hoping that once I get to 2nd tri I will be able to reign it in and start eating a lot better, right now it feels like I need to do anything to survive and get through the day with my nearly 2, 6 and 7 year olds!
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well I have started to have some sickness. Not necessarily "Morning". I have been feeling a lot of mild nausea thru out the day. I keep sucking on mints to feel better. I have also been feeling light headed. I'm not very hungry, so over eating hasn't been a problem. But I really haven't felt like exercising at all.
    i sure hope this go's away soon. Its hard to work, take care of my 2yo and help around the house. My husband has been amazing about picking up the slack
  • superhelga
    superhelga Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    With my son, I had no sickness what-so-ever. I am now pregnant with #2 and have it all day every day. The thing that works for me is ginger. Ginger candies and pure ginger work the best. Put a tiny slice of ginger in water or tea and drink it, then put the rest of the ginger root into the fridge. :smile:

I love ginger for nausea too. If you freeze whole ginger, it lasts forever. You can easily cut or grate it when its frozen.

I also found getting outside for a short walk helps a lot when I feel sick.