Best Way to Add Pregnancy Calories?

Options
Jessimaaka
Jessimaaka Posts: 127 Member
I couldn't find anything in food to add similar to how I added breastfeeding last time, and I feel silly adding it as calories and showing up in my newsfeed. I'm only 14w3d so am only aiming for about 300-350 calories extra a day, while I believe setting my goals to gaining 1/2lb will only add 250 calories.

I tried to create a new food with negative calories but I couldn't add it?

Can someone provide suggestions on the best way? I hate seeing everything red everyday when I know I'm eating well and I need to be higher to adequately support my baby.

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You can customize your goals instead of picking a # of lbs to gain, and it will let you submit a set number of calories.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your maintenance calories are at sedentary? You can set your MFP to maintenance and sedentary to see what that number is. Then all you need to do is add your extra calories for pregnancy to that number and make that amount your goal. BTW-unless you are very overweight, you might be overshooting how much extra you really need to eat at only 14 weeks. Definitely ask your doctor. Mine had me eating at maintenance until the third trimester and then only adding a 2-3 hundred extra.