Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Healthy snacks

Emma38418
Emma38418 Posts: 38 Member
Would be interested to know what healthy snacks you are eating to keep you going? Main meals I'm trying to eat salads, vegetables, homemade soups etc but i struggle for snacks. I go to grab crisps, chocolate, biscuits. I have always factored them in to my calories for MFP but especially now im pregnant i know it would be much better to eat healthier snacks. I know there is always fruit but its not the same as candy :(

Replies

• OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Now that the MS has subsided my snacks now are string cheese, raw almonds, trail mix, yogurt and goldfish crackers. That's what I have stocked up at work.

At home, I have fruit, veggies and hummus. :-)
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    I have been rotating with trail mix, apples with peanutbutter, celery with peanutbutter, fresh fruit with 1/2 cup of yogurt, crackers with cheese and hummus, & peanutbutter and jelly sandwich. If you have not noticing the repeating theme I have been really craving peanutbutter this pregnancy.

I've had veggies and ranch dip, but just don't really enjoy it that much.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    I have been rotating with trail mix, apples with peanutbutter, celery with peanutbutter, fresh fruit with 1/2 cup of yogurt, crackers with cheese and hummus, & peanutbutter and jelly sandwich. If you have not noticing the repeating theme I have been really craving peanutbutter this pregnancy.

I've had veggies and ranch dip, but just don't really enjoy it that much.

:heart: peanut butter!!! I've been enjoying that lately with fuji apples. Tastes like a caramel apple only healthier!
  • Lmsvelling
    Lmsvelling Posts: 19 Member
    Apples!!!, celery with greek cream cheese or peanut butter or low fat dressing, veggie and fruit smoothies, pretzels and mustard, yogurt :)

Thanks for sharing I have gotten some good ideas from you ladies!
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    I like the granola bars with yogurt, apples, green olives and I have really been on a pop corn kick. Not so healthy, but I love Crunch n Munch!
  • Lmsvelling
    Lmsvelling Posts: 19 Member
    mmmmm I love the smell of popcorn!!