Daily hello...

Options
TOPSmarca
TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
We need a place to share on a daily basis!!! Just a place to say "Hi, how ya' doin'" So this is it!!! So, introduce your self and then come back and keep us posted on how things are going!!!!

I will start! My name is Marca. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in the Fall of 2006... it was a pretty sudden crash rather than a gradual slow down though I did not go to a Dr. as all my symptoms could be assigned to another cause. I luckily had a GREAT NP who caught it at my annual visit!!! After a week of meds, I felt like super woman!!! Unfortunately, I did not get to stay in that place!!! I have had other crashes since, all stress activated, and have had a stroke to my inner ear that has left me with constant vertigo (5 years... totally debilitating the first couple). So if you hear me refer to my self as a "Dizzy Chick", you know why!!! I am a wife and mother of 5 grown children (my youngest is still home and turned 18 this week) and have one grandson and another grand baby on the way!!! I love living the backwoods country life in the Ozarks with all that that entails including a passel of critters and wood heat and driving a long way to get ANYWHERE!!! I started this latest effort at good health the first week of April 2013 and I finally realized that the extra dizziness that comes with ANY new stress gets better as my body adjusts!!! It takes about 5 weeks but it GETS BETTER!!! Since then, a whole new world has opened up because I can handle increased meds and feeling crappy for 5 weeks if I get to feel BETTER after that!!!

So, that is me!!! I am looking forward to getting to know you all!!!

Replies

• RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Great idea Marca!! ty :)

Today I am very tired and run down feeling. I am on day 4 of the Whole 30, and fatigue is normal at this point. So I'm extra beat lol. Hopefully within the next 3-5 days or so I'll get some of the energy people talk about getting after being on the program for awhile. ^_^

~ Sara
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    Rose- remember that it may take you longer to adjust... it tends to take me longer but I am not sure if it is a Hashimotos thing or from the vertigo..... But you WILL adjust!!! Good job sticking to it!!!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Very true!! I'm not giving up, not this time. :)

I hope others join in our chats! This group is so quiet and I really want people to mingle and talk together!!
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    *mingle* *mingle* :-P I had a pretty good morning healthwise, but starting in the early afternoon my stress levels went up. Now it's not even 4 and I feel like curling up for a nap. It doesn't help that I'm battling a cold. how is everyone else doing today?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    *mingle* *mingle* :-P I had a pretty good morning healthwise, but starting in the early afternoon my stress levels went up. Now it's not even 4 and I feel like curling up for a nap. It doesn't help that I'm battling a cold. how is everyone else doing today?

I hope today will be better for you! <3 It's never good to be that stressed AND battling a cold. Yuck.

I am feeling alright today, aside form being tired. A co-worker actually made a comment about that today. He said "You are ALWAYS tired!". -_- I told him I am not always tired, just this week has been rough. I didn't explain that I was giving my diet a major overhaul and my body is in overdrive at the moment. Ugh...

I made some toasted coconut flakes with spices lastnight and OMG!!! SOOOOOOO gooooodd!! :) I feel better about not being able to eat chips and cookies lol. :D
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Slept pretty good last night - which is excellent since it's so rare. Seeing doc today - hoping he will listen to my concerns and not tell me I have anxiety and depression...because frankly...I just need sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Hi everyone. Slept pretty good last night - which is excellent since it's so rare. Seeing doc today - hoping he will listen to my concerns and not tell me I have anxiety and depression...because frankly...I just need sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hellllloooooo dere! :) I hear ya on the sleep. I hope to get more this weekend myself, I have been sooooo tired this week.

Is it a new Doc? Hope he/she listens to you!! Those doc that throw around "depression" and "anxiety" and "laziness" so easily all need to be slapped IMO.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Same doc i've had for a few years...he seems to listen well - we'll see.
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    Good morning all.... barely but it IS still morning here!!! Long day yesterday and the extra dizzies that I have been dealing with lately seem to have abated some... and I got to celebrate my oldest's birthday (a bit early) with him so that was awesome! I did eat too many cals. but it was worth it to have dinner out with son and DIL!!! SUPER tired today though and totally fuzzy brain going on but hopefully coffee will kick in soon and I will be able to think!!!
    It is BEAUTIFUL outside so I am thinking about dragging the hubby out for a walk before he has to leave for work. That and a bit of my new Lslie Sansone DVD are it for exercise today as we MAY do a 5K tomorrow for a charity we love to support!!! I have only recently been able to run (undoing years of abuse to my heart, lungs and bones!) but SLOWLY and 5Ks keep me moving and pushing in that area!!!
    So how is everyone else today?!?! Got any weekend plans?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Good morning all.... barely but it IS still morning here!!! Long day yesterday and the extra dizzies that I have been dealing with lately seem to have abated some... and I got to celebrate my oldest's birthday (a bit early) with him so that was awesome! I did eat too many cals. but it was worth it to have dinner out with son and DIL!!! SUPER tired today though and totally fuzzy brain going on but hopefully coffee will kick in soon and I will be able to think!!!
    It is BEAUTIFUL outside so I am thinking about dragging the hubby out for a walk before he has to leave for work. That and a bit of my new Lslie Sansone DVD are it for exercise today as we MAY do a 5K tomorrow for a charity we love to support!!! I have only recently been able to run (undoing years of abuse to my heart, lungs and bones!) but SLOWLY and 5Ks keep me moving and pushing in that area!!!
    So how is everyone else today?!?! Got any weekend plans?

glad to hear the dizzies subsided a lil bit, even a lil bit can be a huge improvement! :) I'm rooting for you to do the 5K!!!

This weekend I might go see a movie, take my furbaby for a walk if we get the OK from the vet tomorrow morning. She has been recovering from major surgery from 2 weeks ago - she ate gorilla glue and it had to be cut out of her :(. But she's good now, I just want to get her outside for more than potty time again! I gotta clean up my place for sure, it suffers during the week, grocery shopping, and MAYBE going to the gym.
  • AlyssaDarby13
    Options
    Marca, i'm glad to hear you had some relief from the dizzies. I hope that continues. :-)

Rose, I'm glad your little furry is ok. That sounds really traumatic. Poor thing. On an unrelated note, is there a recipe for these toasted coconut flakes? That sounds like something I'd love to try.

I'm doing a little bit better today in regards to feeling a little more awake, but my hormones are all out of whack so I've been a crying mess. I did still manage to get a good walk in this morning, though. I'll hopefully get another one in before bed, and maybe even a little studying. I'm trying to be kind to myself, but some days it's definitely more of a struggle than others. I'm glad to have a place where I can say that and not have people argue with me. Thanks for giving me a place to feel comfy expressing myself. :-)
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    Good morning all!!! Well our 5K was rained out... my daughter and I are still going to get a timed run in this evening.... I want to see if my time has improved! Headed out the door soon... just wanted to wish everyone a fun and healthy day!!!
  • AlyssaDarby13
    Options
    Aw, that's a bummer. Glad that you guys will still get out there anyway. I have not started running yet, but I'm working up to it now. Do you enjoy it? Let us know how your time goes!

I had an emotional break, and then breakthrough last night. I am feeling so much better emotionally today. Still exhausted, but now I know why it's been worse than usual. My period snuck up on me (about a week "early", though my cycles are so out of whack I'm not sure why I bother guessing when it will show up), so the extra fatigue should ease up in a few days. :-) Also, I got in touch with a charity organization in my county that puts low-income patients in touch with dentists that will do work either for free, or at a discounted sliding-scale rate. The free work is on a 12-18 month wait list, but thanks to an amazing brother, and also a great pair of next-door neighbors, I was able to ask to be put on the discount list and I was told that right now they're about 2 months out on that one. So, I should be getting a call before Christmas to get my root canals done. Talk about a great Christmas present! I know that once those are taken care of so many other things will ease up because I won't be using so much energy controlling the pain. I can't wait. Who says that about root canals? lol.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. :-)
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good moaning ( Hugs coffee cup n wishes she could go back to bed lol ). I've hit a plateau so im being a bit of a grumpy puss anti social lately sorry lol. Doc thinks my thyroid lvls are down again but hubby lost his job a cpl mos back along with medical. Started a new job waiting the 90 day for ins to get the lab work. Been freezing even though its 70+ in the house and usually anything over 65 and im overheating. ( Hot mama lol ) Constipation just one of those little things in life that makes everything sunshine n roses and struggling through my normally ok work outs. Looking forward to getting the tests n meds adjustments when they get here! BIG TIME. Other than that whine whine ***** ***** moan everything else has been going pretty well :D How are you fine folks fairing?
    Rose how is your furbaby doing? OMG the poor thing! cuddles from me for the little ball o fur? What kind of pet is she?
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Rose, I'm glad your little furry is ok. That sounds really traumatic. Poor thing. On an unrelated note, is there a recipe for these toasted coconut flakes? That sounds like something I'd love to try.

Toasted coconut flakes:

Preheat oven to 350.

1 c unsweetened coconut flakes (not shredded)
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp allspice
    Shake all the above in a ziploc baggie

Melt about 1-2 tbsp coconut oil in a small dish until melted - takes about 15 seconds. Then dump the oil in the bag and shake to distribute. Bake for 5-7 minutes stirring the flakes around once. Test a few flakes for crunchiness after the 7 minutes, you may need to bake for 2 minutes more at a time until they get crisp. Super easy and delicious!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Weekend was great - got back in the gym yesterday. I started the 12 week Strong Curves program. I'm doing the lower body portion and adding in my own upper body exercises to rotate through. Felt good to be able to get back at it again.

Last night I sort of hit a wall though. I've been doing really well for the most part, but I really miss my baby Beau. My 9 yr old Chi that I had to put down on 9/20. I lost it shortly before bed, and hardly slept at all last night :(. *sigh*
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    Happy Monday peeps!!! I had a particularly wonderful weekend!!! Got to go visit our soldier and bowl a couple games with him... I fell the first ball I threw and bowled like crap, but I got the exercise and had fun anyway!!! That was Sat. Sunday was my version of a near perfect day!!! Went to church and had some quality time there, then had lunch with a dear friend who is beating the SNOT out of cancer against all odds, then on the way to my parents' house, hubby dropped us off (my 18 YO daughter and I) 3 VERY hilly miles away so we got a great run in, then when I got there, my sister was looking for me to go for a walk so I got a good cool down mile. After that it was a near typical day at the parents' house... 49 people all talking and stepping over each other, eating that is comforting AND healthy, too many kids running in and out...... HEAVEN!!! Hubby does not agree!!! LOL!!!

Rose- I am sorry to hear about your Beau.... and your sleepless night!!! Your workout sounds like a good way to deal with the stress end of all of that though!!! Stay strong!!!

Grump-Sounds like classic low levels to me!!! Hope you get that lined out quickly.... I think going with low levels can really do a number on your body long term. We want you to be healthy and NON grumpy!!! LOL!!!

Alyssa- Cycle issues are a b!#(h!!! Literally!!! I have had them for years and have since found out that the same thing that causes PMS can also cause miscarriage and tubal pregnancy and lots of other issues too!!! Thankfully my Dr. is able to help me with that, especially since I am now getting closer to "that" time of life!!! As I tell my clients, PMS does not CAUSE things to be issues for you, it effects your ability to COPE with issues that are there!!!
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    hehe im not so grumpy anymore. Yoga and belly dance has helped alot with my emotional health :D Today has been an awesome morning good food. Coffee and FINALLY broke 200 pounds ( 199.6 yeah but still under 200 lol) for the first time in YEARS :D

Rose dear I want to give you a hug so bad and im not even the mushy type.. Girly im feeling for ya :(

Alyssa, the thought of your root canals made my body parts pucker lol omg im so sorry you need to get it done and sorry about the moods :( I went through that alot as well before my hysterectomy and menopause. Instead of an emotional person now im just a crazy lady lol. I lose my mind and if we cant find something in the house it always turns up in the freezer. I dont know why i keep doing it. find salt shakers, lettuce and even the tv remote. Hugs to you, i know its not a nice feeling.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Ty ladies! She is a Boxer, 2 1/2yrs old. I didn't see that part of your post asking about her. My bad! Congrats on getting under 200 grump!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTT!!! I'm almost back there myself...feels good doesn't it? :D

Marca is sounds like you had a BUSY weekend! wow!

I hope everyone else is having a good Monday. <3
  • mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I was off from work yesterday but had a full schedule: took the car for an oil change/safety inspection, errands run, grading for my class, and some batch cooking (grilled up a few pounds of chicken thighs) for the week's recipes. My energy was good until about 8 pm, so I'm guessing I did too much although I felt great most of the day.

Feeling good today, though I had some weird dreams last night, too. Looking forward to a short week and then vacation on Friday for a week or so. Can't wait to hug my adorable nephew!

Have a great day everyone.