How long did it take you to get into Ketosis?

Options
Fit4Life004
Fit4Life004 Posts: 30 Member
Hi, its been two days on my keto diet tested with a ketostix and there were small traces of ketones yay! just wondering how long it took you to get fully into ketosis!

Replies

• Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Traces are good, you can still be in ketosis with only traces. I took me around a week or two, I don't fully remember & I wasn't using ketostix.
  • MechanicalCritter
    MechanicalCritter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started keto again on Tuesday and tested on Friday to find my stick was dark purple. The frst time I did it, t took me about a week. They say if you've done it before, your body will go into ketosis quicker.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The ketostix, if they show even trace amounts, show you are in ketosis (not the same as keto adapted). Usually, a darker color means that you aren't drinking enough water, not that you are more or less in ketosis.

I was in ketosis after a week the first time and then after that if I strayed and got out I was back in within 24 hrs.
  • inferiormeatsack
    inferiormeatsack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For some reason I go into ketosis super easy, usually takes me a couple hours, around 12 for trace amounts of ketones, 24 for full dark purple to set in. I can feel when I am in ketosis though. My close feel start to loosen and I feel thinner.