Eat & Run book

Options
Have you read Scott Jurek's book Eat & Run? If so, what did you think of it? If not, I highly recommend it. Just finished it. Will write a book review of it for my blog. I wish I had read Born to Run at the same time as Eat & Run; I didn't realize they intersected so dramatically.

Replies

• DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:

"Just finished reading "Eat and Run" by Scott Jurek. It is an interesting autobiography with a nice sampling of running advice and vegan recipes mixed in. I don't plan on becoming a plant powered runner but the Kalamata Hummus Trail Wraps ...and Smoky Chipotle Refried Beans both sound like something I could add to my regular lunch rotation.

I have seen several friends crash and burn or succede and suffer at the 100 mile distance so it is not something I am planning to try but as someone who likes running trails it is still fascinating to read about his preparations for races like Hardrock 100 and Western States. I still need to work on my nose breathing, I tried it today and I felt like I was hyperventilating. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about athletes, their desires, drives, and how they train"
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I thought it was interesting. Chia is pretty good on grapefruit.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm part way through; its the book I'm currently reading. It's fitting for me because I'm toying with the idea of trying something longer than a marathon and I'm also vegan, so it's interesting to read about that aspect as well.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Oh. And his instructions for running up hill are priceless.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Have you read Scott Jurek's book Eat & Run? If so, what did you think of it? If not, I highly recommend it. Just finished it. Will write a book review of it for my blog. I wish I had read Born to Run at the same time as Eat & Run; I didn't realize they intersected so dramatically.

Born to Run is what got me started running last fall! Now I need to Eat & Run as well.

Thanks for the recommendation!