Where to start??

Options
symba1130
symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
I had my 2nd daughter 8 weeks ago and I started working out slowing around 6 weeks. I tried T25 and found it was too much jumping around. Still working on getting my bladder/ kegals back to where it should be. Any recommendations for a workout that will break a sweat without loosing my bladder? TIA!

Replies

• malakehsivako
    Options
    Im in the same boat. I had my son 7 weeks ago via a c section. Im desperately trying to lose weight but can't excersize hardcore.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with diastasis recti, which means my abdominal muscles have separated and my pelvic floor is weak. I didn't realize it until a few months ago, and my fighter is now 10 months. I had actually been overdoing it, and would be sore and achy in my lower pelvic area for days. I was trying so hard to be healthy and active, I was actually making things worse for a while.

You can do some walking for now. Focus on diet. Aim for high protein, healthy fats. Count calories and watch portions until you feel a bit better. For the pelvic area, I recently discovered Lindsey brinn workouts and wish I had found them sooner. She focuses a lot on the pelvic floor muscles and how to strengthen them, which can also help flatten abs. Do kegels daily as well.

Once your doctor says its ok to exercise, then definite do so, but continue to list to your body.

So, take it slow. Lt yourself recover and enjoy time with your baby. Congrats!
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I did a Zumba class yesterday and felt great, just kept the big jumping movements to a minimum :-)

I think its a big head game when you are trying to get your pre-baby body back. I was always on the heavier side before baby #1 so it didnt bother me much, that was until I had the body I wanted (for the most part) before baby #2, now it seems to be harder to accept this new body of mine. I just want all my cute "skinny" clothes to fit again :-)

I will continue to take it slow and checkout the videos you suggested. Weather pending (here is WA State) I will be taking both my girls on a walk with me after work :-)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I did a Zumba class yesterday and felt great, just kept the big jumping movements to a minimum :-)

I think its a big head game when you are trying to get your pre-baby body back. I was always on the heavier side before baby #1 so it didnt bother me much, that was until I had the body I wanted (for the most part) before baby #2, now it seems to be harder to accept this new body of mine. I just want all my cute "skinny" clothes to fit again :-)

I will continue to take it slow and checkout the videos you suggested. Weather pending (here is WA State) I will be taking both my girls on a walk with me after work :-)

You sound like me! I was overweight before my first, got pretty fit after him, then got pregnant again. I'm almost 5 months pp and am trying to figure this all out still. I've learned this time that BFing gives me another ball to juggle. I am in coastal SC, so weather is a factor for me as well. My baby was born 5/23, and up until about a month ago it was majorly hot and humid here. Today it will be 85! From November to March it's fairly easy, though :)

I have a closet full of lovely, small clothes that I'm dying to be able to wear again! It's definitely harder to accept my body this time plus the lack of physical activity now that I've had a taste of being small and fit!

After my first I got really into Spinning. I'd think it would be easy on your pelvic floor because there's no bouncing.

Best wishes!