Total Newb, have Questions

Options
So, I just D/L this today and did one run on the regular app and then downloaded the 5k app. I just turned it on and went, I had no idea and still pretty much have idea short of running. I am stuck at work and the website is blocked so I'm hoping I could get some answers! The site (based on my phone browsing) doesn't seem to have a lot of info.

What is up with picking up the items, is it automatic or can I have some say? Do I do anything with them or just collect?

Is there any real "strategy" to the base or is it just for fun?

Does getting attacked by zombies do anything to the game or is it just to motivate you to run faster?

I think that's all I have for now. I'm going to start the 5k training tomorrow since I have the day off :) Maybe I'll do better with that than I did today with the reg app. I am starting back up running after a knee injury (so far it seems healed.. hopefully it stays that way!)

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Ive done about half way thru season 1 so let me see if i can answer some of these for you.

You pick up items randomly and no you cant pick and choose what you pick up. They are used as 'points' to build your base but not as items specifically.

im not sure about strategy with the base, as i havent gotten into the season 2 base much and its VERY different than season 1 base.

Getting attacked by zombies is just part of the fun, but doesnt make your story any different if you ahve zombie chases off. You need to increase your speed by a certain percent to outrun the zombies when they chase you, but if they catch you, you only drop an item.

you dont need to do the 5k before the regular app but your more than welcome to. The 5k is a little boring as far as storyline goes but it also jumps pretty fast in week 4, from 1 minute runs in week 3 to 5 minute runs in week 4, so be aware of that and use your 'free run' time at the end of the 5k wisely.

we walk at night, in the middle of no where corn fields and cow farms with very little man made light to be had, so we do zombie chases because its pretty scary to be running from zombies when the corn is rustling with the wind and coyotes are howling in the distance.

have fun! you'll love the story
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    It would be fun to do this app at night! I don't know of any good/safe places where I live. We do have a lot of farm country but we also have wild animals to include the ocasional coguar or bobcat (probably the later) sighting. I think some of the city (Bay Area, so lots of variety here) parks are open at night and most are fairly safe, so maybe I'll give it a try. We have plenty of corn mazes here, but I don't think any are long enough for a zombie run. I would be fun though to try and sprint fast enough while going around corners and people. The people might not be impressed though.