Options

Replies

• FeliciaButterfly
    FeliciaButterfly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Felicia my goal is to loose at least 20 pounds before Christmas
  • indarican
    Options
    Hey all, Rosa here! My goal is to have my weight go down consistently... I dont want to put an exact number on it. I always lose a pound then end up gaining 5, lol. If I could just get my weight to go down and stay on the decline (of course allowing the daily fluctuations) I would be very happy...lol
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm LaStar 27 when I started my journey at 265 I'm now down to 218 with 20lbs to go... most of what I achieved ess by walking and watching what I ate... now I'm to the point where I walk 4miles every day no matter what... I like challenges and this one fits into my everyday life...
  • janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 58 yrs old and live just outside Edinburgh in Scotland. I am nearly at maintainance now but want to drop bodyfat%. I love walking with my border collie and this challenge will help make me walk everyday.
    Looking forward to meeting you all over the next month.
    Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • yannethfr
    yannethfr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm in on this challenge. I'm 37, living in CA and currently walk about 2-3 miles everyday to/from work. This will motivate me to walk more often and bypass the shuttle to the trains that I take to commute. My goal is to eventually get to a healthy weight which I think is about 140-145. But, I know I won't get there by Christmas or anytime this year, that wouldn't be healthy. Looking forward to this....now I need to figure out how to fit in another 2 miles per day on the weekends to make the 60 total!

Best to everyone. :)
  • Grandma42
    Grandma42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had WLS a couple of years ago and have done well with my weight loss and overall fitness. But lately I have been lazy and have not been losing as planned. I like to walk and had been good about a daily walk at my gym. But, my membership is up, and I am a victim of the government shutdown. But, the good news is that I have plenty of places to walk. Such as just outside my house. I do better when I am accountable. So, I'm on board and think I'll start in the morning tomorrow. :smile:
  • 120mustdo
    120mustdo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Greetings to all my wonderful fitness pals,

My name is Tina and I am petite around 4 ft 10 more or less.

My current weight is 149 and I would really love to lose 10 pounds by December 30.
    My birthday is October 14 and I will be 48 years young, (so thankful)I refuse to go into my fifties
    without being FIT!

Little by Little, I will do this!
  • SRLoredo
    SRLoredo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 32 years old, SAHM with 3 kids and 75lbs to lose. Looking forward to this challenge and it shouldn't be too hard seeing as how it's EXACTLY 2 miles around my neighborhood. :wink:
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 56 and about 264 pounds (I only weigh once a month, so I'm not due to weigh in again until the end of October, but I'll try to weigh in tomorrow (Saturday) to see if there's been any change.

Wow, glad I decided to weigh myself before the challenge. I'm now down to 262, so I lost 2 pounds since the beginning of the month. So, I will use 262 as my official weight at the beginning of this challenge.
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm looking forward to this challenge, because I only decided about a week ago that I should be able to fit in at least 20 minutes of walking, everyday, no matter how tired or busy I am.
    Goal: to create a habit to walk at least 20 minutes every day - which for me currently equates to 2km (1.4 mi). I'm sure I can find the time to walk an extra 10 minutes to get me to a total of 3.2km (2mi). I'm more concerned at this point to make it a daily habit :happy:
  • hardworkingdiva
    hardworkingdiva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Zandra, and I am losing weight while also hitting a lot of things in my bucket list. As a child I used to love to run, but I was discouraged from doing so by my elementary coach because he though I was too fat to run track despite me being able to beat all of his best runners. A person with common sense would have got me involved on the team and supported my love of the sport while encouraging me excel with the great side-effect being me getting down to a healthy weight. But meh, prejudice is an ugly thing. So I stopped. I got so sick of hearing that although I was truly excellent at a sport but was too fat. Well, now I'm well-grown and want to get back in touch with that little girl inside of me who makes me dream of running 5K's for charity. So here I am, along with the program Black Girls Run ready to prepare for my first 5K on my birthday weekend in Feb. I may have a janky knee and I honestly may look like a fat Thanksgiving turkey trotting along, but I will be living the dream and will be the happiest and fiercest person there. Even better, I will have friends running with me and my family volunteering so they can cheer me on. :)
  • Nenny1985
    Nenny1985 Posts: 122
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name's Jen. I am 28yo and am a mum to my beautiful 9 month old daughter. I love to exercise and really enjoy walking, especially with my little girl. I am currently at the lowest weight I've been since I was about 13. I would love to lose a few more pounds but know I dont have to as I am within my healthy bmi. So my main goal is to not gain weight and inrease my fitness.
    I currently weigh 130 pounds and am 5ft 5 and a half tall.

All the best everyone. We can do this!
  • 1fitnessplanner
    1fitnessplanner Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) i'm Laura a 25year old (26 this month woop) SAHM to a 1 year old and i'm an army wife with a currently deployed husband. I try to do 10,000 steps a day which is roughly 5 miles but i don't always succeed so i'm going to try get moving with that :) i'm 187lbs now and been gaining and losing the same 1lb for the past month so want my weight to move downwards oh and i'm only 5ft 4 so ideally want to be 120lbs give or take

Hope i remember to come onto the computer daily to talk on here :flowerforyou:
  • grumpybum
    grumpybum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all.my name is lucy. im 42. and about 30kg overweight. Im looking forward to chatting to you all and committing to this challenge.
    Good luck all :)
  • megmoore042
    Options
    Hello, my name is Megan. I am 27 and have a four year old daughter. I have been serving in the military for the past 7 years and currently struggling with my weight and weigh ins. I need to start changing my lifestyle if I want to stay in. Its not fair struggling at the last minute every 6 months for weigh ins. I would love to lose 20-30 pounds and be able to maintain it. I think Christmas is a great time frame and try to look good for the new year. I am excited for the 30 day challenge. Looking forward to it! Good luck everybody!
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm queene (my nickname because my daughter still truly believes she's a princess at age 28! and every princess should have a mother who needs to "outrank" her, right? :laugh: ). I'm 52 and lost about 25 pounds so far (have about 50 to go)- it took me about 9 months to lose that amount- slow and steady. I spent the summer maintaining my 25 pound loss to learn how to "live" in this new lighter body before I tackle the next 25 pounds. I've been thinking it is time to start "loss" mode again and here's this lovely challenge starting on Monday- perfect timing. I love to walk!

Zandra- my husband was the same way in school- big but great at sports- but he had great coaches who encouraged him- he would surprise every one at track meets by sneaking in and taking the prize when no expected it of this big guy- he even ran and won hurdles! I didn't know him then, but it still makes me laugh to think about their surprised faces!!! He has such great confidence as a result. He's still "big" but he's the best at everything he does in my book. Sounds like someone along the way helped you find your great confidence too and there is NO WAY you are looking like a fat Thanksgiving turkey trotting along! You are an inspiration
  • JAGthis
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 19 years old. When I was a senior in High School I was 145 and very upset at my weight because I'm only 5'2 and everything just goes straight to my love handles, so before prom I did P90X and joined a swimming class and tried eating a little healthier, in one month I lost 6 pounds. My dream weight would be anywhere around 120-130, I don't care so much on the number, just the way I feel and look. I remember not having such big love handles when I was around that weight so that's why its my goal.

Eventually I just stopped working out because I was satisfied where I was and I slowly gained it back, took me a while to realize I did. Before I knew it I was a freshman in college and I weighed 160. Freshman 15 really hit me hard. I've been working out again changing it up every week doing Zumba, P90X and Insanity. I'm now currently 155, I just want to stick to something so I can really see the changes in my body, so I'm sure my dog is going to be really happy when I take him walking lol.

OH! My name is Julie.
  • angels03
    angels03 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I just started back up on MFP this week ready to go full steam after I realized nothing fits me, and buying clothes I dont like with money I dont want to spend isnt going to help me reach my goals either. Looking to lose5 pounds by the end of the month..
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm 47 yrs old married mom of 2 boys. I am so excited about this challenge! It's definitely something I can do! Let's do it!!!
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Howdy. I'm Alyssa. I'm 26, married, starting a business. I started gaining weight after puberty, but managed to keep a handle on it until my early 20s when I shot up about 40 pounds over the course of a year and ended up around 180. Then it crept up a little more until I hit 199 last April and went "Uhm, no. I'm NOT hitting 200!" So far, I haven't! I have lost/gained/lost a little bit over the past 18 months, but I'm not on a "losing" streak again. I'm at 189.6 now. I would love to be at 180 when we finish out this challenge. I would also love to hit 100 miles instead of 60, but I am not comfortable committing to that. lol

I hope you all are having a great weekend so we can all kick butt starting Monday. :-)