Non-Weight-Loss-Fitness-Goals

Options
so i was wondering what is everyone's non-weight-loss goals that are still fitness related? lift heavier, run longer, walk farther, do a 5k, 10k.
do you set daily, weekly, monthly, or over all goals?

this past week i set my goal to run 20 miles over the week, in addition to Skills challenge of 80 squats and 80 twists.
it was tough getting back out there, but ended up not being so bad once i got the hang of it again. for week 4 my goal is 25 miles.
for running i want to at least get back to 50 miles per week (just over 6 miles per day) in order to do this i am going to slowly raise my weekly goal until i reach 50 :)

how about you guys?

Replies

• crash_aly
    crash_aly Posts: 112
    Options
    I want to run my first 10k next summer, get back into running 3-4 miles 4-5x a week.

I did want to start playing soccer again but I think I will stick to fun runs and riding horse competitively. The joints can only take so much of a beating!

I would also like to build strength in my upper body and be able to do 10 pull ups without assistance....okay maybe 5...even in my best of shape I couldn't do this before!
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    By thanksgiving, I want to buy (and fit into nicely) another size smaller pair of khakis. I am already down 3 sizes and it feels great!

Also in November, I am signed up for my very first ever 5K. I hope to complete it in under 50 minutes with a combination of walking and running. May sound like a lot of time, but for me is a huge accomplishment and step forward. Been talking about doing this local 5K for 3 years now and am already signed up and it is going to happen this year!
  • crash_aly
    crash_aly Posts: 112
    Options
    By thanksgiving, I want to buy (and fit into nicely) another size smaller pair of khakis. I am already down 3 sizes and it feels great!

Also in November, I am signed up for my very first ever 5K. I hope to complete it in under 50 minutes with a combination of walking and running. May sound like a lot of time, but for me is a huge accomplishment and step forward. Been talking about doing this local 5K for 3 years now and am already signed up and it is going to happen this year!

Those are great goals! And congrats on the size drops!! Keep it up!