Hi I'm cali_flower

Options
cali_flower
cali_flower Posts: 25 Member
I recently became the defacto caregiver of my mother when she suddenly went down hill fast. I'm trying very hard to make sure she eats 3 meals a day, takes her medicine, goes to doctor's appointments and just lives well. But it's hard, because she keeps saying "Don't treat me like a child."

Replies

• amcclellan73
    amcclellan73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello, Cali_ flower.
    Taking care of a loved one is hard. I just moved my mother in law into my home back in May. Making sure she has her meds and is eating right and getting her to the doc appointments is a full time job. I started to feel really exhausted all the time. I was putting on weight before she moved in and them after she moved in I really started to eat. I would tell myself I need something to eat to calm my nerves..... I realize this is only going to make me gain more weight and make me feel worse. I had a vision in my head of me pushing her around in a wheel chair (she is not even in a wheel chair yet) me being very over weight with black bags under my eyes.
    I refused to let myself look like a wore out caregiver. I have got to take care of myself too. I have a 12 year old daughter who needs me. So that has stared my weight loss journey. Only two week into it, but I already feel better.