Second Cycle Complete

Options
watto1980
watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
Hey all,

You might remember me from my thread "How Many Cycles Before" you started to notice a difference.

Well I have been working hard on my diet and exercise, just finished my second cycle and passed all exercises except for the overhead press and the upright row.

Over the past 8-10weeks I have lost 6kg (14lbs) of weight. Here is a pic of me when I started to cut from a few months ago and one now.

ebb32e31-81f4-4fef-aa04-54fdc7280fc2_zps491a6288.jpg

It has been pretty slow going on the progress front I feel because I was planning on doing a 15 week cut, but now I am thinking it might be more like 6 months lol. I didn't realise how much fat I had to lose.

I am planning to continue cutting on All Pro's till I get a nice BF% I am happy with, then begin a bulk (where I should get more benefit from the program) before cutting again. I hope by this stage I will look better than I ever have in my life, which should be very achievable because I am not far off it at the moment.

In that second pic there I had the heater on in the bathroom, in case you thought I might have been making visits to the solarium or getting spray tanned lol

edit: had to resize the picture, it didn't fit in the forum

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good, man! Nice loss for that time period- that's a good, sustainable rate. Your arms are definitely looking more defined, slimmer in the waist, too. At this rate you'll hit your goal bf% quite handily. And then bulk! Bulking is awesome (I'm into my first and am eating All The Foods).

Overhead press is a *kitten*, isn't it? That and the rows - I've failed them both a couple of times.

Keep up the good work!
  • watto1980
    Options
    Lookin' good, man! Nice loss for that time period- that's a good, sustainable rate. Your arms are definitely looking more defined, slimmer in the waist, too. At this rate you'll hit your goal bf% quite handily. And then bulk! Bulking is awesome (I'm into my first and am eating All The Foods).

Overhead press is a *kitten*, isn't it? That and the rows - I've failed them both a couple of times.

Keep up the good work!

Hi cmeirun,

Thanks for the compliments, I think I am gradually losing fat all over so nothing really jumps out at you when comparing the two photos. But yeah I can see improvement in the waist and bicep areas too. I reckon the next 5kg loss will be defining (at least I hope).

It was disappointing to fail the overhead press, I thought I had it for sure. I think I was just too drained from the bench press which really drilled me. The upright rows (I swapped these for bicep curls) I didn't really expect to complete because I failed them in week 4.

As for bulking, you lucky thing, I can't wait to eat more food lol. A calorie deficit isn't the most fun experience. I have had to balance things carefully, especially if I do extra recreational exercise, I always try to eat back those calories. A few times I haven't and it really catches up with you, I think I have had low blood sugar a few times, that's what I try to avoid.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Very good progress, you're looking more defined all over as far as I can see!

OHP is indeed a *kitten*... Failed it again myself this morning ;-)
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Great progress - I can definitely see a difference in the photos. I think we tend to not see changes in ourselves, so it is always nice to get feedback from others. I learned that when I posted pics!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I think your arms are looking mighty fine! I also see a difference in your waist.
  • watto1980
    Options
    Great progress - I can definitely see a difference in the photos. I think we tend to not see changes in ourselves, so it is always nice to get feedback from others. I learned that when I posted pics!
    I think your arms are looking mighty fine! I also see a difference in your waist.
    Very good progress, you're looking more defined all over as far as I can see!

OHP is indeed a *kitten*... Failed it again myself this morning ;-)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I agree that sometimes it is harder to see the changes in yourself than in other people so I do appreciate the words. It is a good motivator, and right now I need all the motivation I can get because I am leaving shortly to go on a 16.5km bike ride, but, all I feel like doing is going back to bed lol

And yes OHP sucks, I haven't come across anyone loves it yet.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Nice progress. Definitely seeing some changes in terms of definition. It's never an overnight thing, but with just two cycles in, it's showing. :)
  • watto1980
    Options
    Nice progress. Definitely seeing some changes in terms of definition. It's never an overnight thing, but with just two cycles in, it's showing. :)

thanks mate, yeah it's a slow process. I have begun to realise that now. I think doing bulk cut cycles is the way to go. Each time looking better and better. I will be making mine a winter / summer thing trying to stay under 15% BF at all times.
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    thanks mate, yeah it's a slow process. I have begun to realise that now. I think doing bulk cut cycles is the way to go. Each time looking better and better. I will be making mine a winter / summer thing trying to stay under 15% BF at all times.

Yep, the cuts ware likely to slow things down in terms of progress, but I think that approach matches your goals.

I've been on a mild cut for a couple of cycles since, and I'm getting pounded by bench press this time. Week 3 I only managed 10/8 and week 4 was 11/10. Not feeling too good about actually managing 12/12 next week, but we'll see. My weight's been pretty steady, and BF% is improving bit by bit, but I may switch to a more aggressive cut/bulk rotation myself.

For now though, I'm adding some running back in (took time off running to mend the bursitis in my hip), so I want to see how that pans out for at least a cycle, then I'll decide. :)
  • watto1980
    Options
    yeah that's it, cutting makes it hard to get the strength gains. I struggled on my bench press too last cycle but just scrapped through. I feel I am surprisingly weak for my size lol What weight are you benching?

On a positive note in respect to the slow gains, at least I should get a few cycles out of the program once I start bulking. I reckon I will weigh about 75kg (165lb) before I start a bulk, I am 83kg (182lb) now. So it looks like another 3-4 months of cutting. Just have to stay focussed and consistent aka keep packing those tupperware containers and looking weird.

That's good getting back into running. You should enjoy that. I think the cardio is good to do, seemed to help me improve my weight lifting too.

But yeah from what I have read of everyone's experiences the bulk/cut cycle is the fastest way to look awesome. Bit of short term pain (fat) for some muscle gains.
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    Yeah, I'm floating between 155 and 160 lbs right now, but my bench is only at 110. That's a lot less than I used to push, but it's a lot more than I was at before I started lifting again. :)
  • watto1980
    Options
    yeah that's not bad, I am lifting the exact same weight. 50kg plus whatever the bar weighs. Seeing as you're lighter than me it's nothing to be ashamed of. I don't know how these guys bench press 1.5 x their own body weight, must take years :noway:
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    Yep, it can take a while to get out of the "beginner" levels.

I kinda doubt I'll get back to my own former level any time soon. I'm working out a lot less often & just doing it more for general fitness than anything else. My wife even claims my current physique's acceptable, so I'm not too worried about buffing up. ;-)