Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
11gq9a1.jpg
sv6p39.jpg
178weq.jpg

Replies

• Sheri869
    Options
    It May Seem like a lot at the moment....but just read through and break it down...these will stay the same throughout the challenge...and YES these ALL should be Challenging but are NOT unattainable and once you get into a routine they will seem simple to track!

Good Luck!!! Keep Up The Great Work!! All Teams Are Doing An Amazing Job!!
  • Sheri869
    Options
    ALSO - the 2 teams that have their Team Page separate from this (I think Geckos and Tigers) - For the Smack Talk and Support part you NEED to post on this Group Site - You can report and continue to use your own if you choose to - but must check in AND Comment on this site for that aspect of the challenge! Everyone should be looking there as well at least every couple of days!! It has to be that way so Everyone has access to you guys to goad you on!! ;-)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Sheri.... I'm confused on #3...

So we get 5 points for each 30 mins of workout per day, with a MAX of 10 points per day?

And if we did 45 mins, it would only count as 5 because it's each 30 min block and not part thereof?

And if the weekly requirement is say 30/45/60/90, we can claim BOTH the weekly requirement AND the daily requirement, but this is the only double dipping we are allowed? We don't have to do ANOTHER 30 mins to get the bonus daily points?

SORRY!! I've not been in a challenge for a little while and just want to make sure I get it right...
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Sheri.... I'm confused on #3...

So we get 5 points for each 30 mins of workout per day, with a MAX of 10 points per day?

And if we did 45 mins, it would only count as 5 because it's each 30 min block and not part thereof?

And if the weekly requirement is say 30/45/60/90, we can claim BOTH the weekly requirement AND the daily requirement, but this is the only double dipping we are allowed? We don't have to do ANOTHER 30 mins to get the bonus daily points?

SORRY!! I've not been in a challenge for a little while and just want to make sure I get it right...

Hi,

You got it :) You can double dip from the other ones for this, it's not in addition too - so if on the day you log your 30 mins workout but also do 30 mins of reps, you'd get the 10 points but only if the 2 sessions were continuous for 30 mins each. You may have to do extra on some days to hit the max 10 points, beyond what Sheri has in the main challenge.

So yes if you only did 45 mins, it would only be 5 points but you could tag on something like rep work etc to get to the 60 mins for the 10 points. (as long as it's altogether)

I'll give you an example of how I'm going to up two of mine to 60 mins. I do running club on two nights a week, they're normally my 30 and 45 as they're about 50 mins each session. So what I've decided to do is leave the car at home and walk there... now we normally spend about 10 mins hanging around waiting for stuff getting sorted / coach prep talk etc etc... so the walk there won't be included in any part of the challenge but it will serve as a warm up, so great for me as the nights are getting colder here :) So I'll go for my run(50ish) and walk straight home (15ish) - which will get me to a full 60 mins (10 points) for them days!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kelly! I just wanted to check :)
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm really confused now!

I can't see anything about #3...
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Ah - pictures hadn't loaded properly!
    All resolved now :)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    So TODAYS long workout (the 90 minute one, yes the one when we have time to do when not working) will NOT count for points???
    DANG IT!!!!
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    So TODAYS long workout (the 90 minute one, yes the one when we have time to do when not working) will NOT count for points???
    DANG IT!!!!

Sheri says you CAN double dip here! So YES you can claim 10 points for doing 60 minutes (more than!) of workout today as well as using that for your 90 min. workout in the challenge. At least, that is my understanding! Someone correct me if I am wrong!

And Sheri - I have to say I was delighted to see sit-ups not forming part of the points challenge this time round. However, I then felt so nostalgic for those sets of 25 sit-ups, that I went and did 2 sets :noway: (Be sure I WILL be counting them in my core reps this week!!!) CRAZY! You are SERIOUSLY messing with my brain :laugh:
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    @ Ali

I think Verda's workout was done on Sunday (13th), so she can't claim 10pts as the points don't come into play until Today (14th)... I believe that is what she was meaning by not getting the points, but next Sunday's can and awesome getting your 90 out the way x
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    Options
    DANG IT!!!!

Sheri says you CAN double dip here! So YES you can claim 10 points for doing 60 minutes (more than!) of workout today as well as using that for your 90 min. workout in the challenge. At least, that is my understanding! Someone correct me if I am wrong!

And Sheri - I have to say I was delighted to see sit-ups not forming part of the points challenge this time round. However, I then felt so nostalgic for those sets of 25 sit-ups, that I went and did 2 sets :noway: (Be sure I WILL be counting them in my core reps this week!!!) CRAZY! You are SERIOUSLY messing with my brain :laugh:

Ok now I'm confuse, lol! I thought the points don't start till today! I realize we can double dip there! Just confuse about when our workout points begin?
  • jaajh
    Options
    @ Ali

I think Verda's workout was done on Sunday (13th), so she can't claim 10pts as the points don't come into play until Today (14th)... I believe that is what she was meaning by not getting the points, but next Sunday's can and awesome getting your 90 out the way x

Yes, I missed that! It's that points not starting until today that is throwing us all :-) As always, these things will make sense when we get into using them each week :happy:

Sorry your big workout on Sunday didn't count for points Verda, but WELL DONE for getting in that 90 minutes!
  • jaajh
    Options
    I have another question: on the #4 and #5, I get that you have to do your FULL week's specs to gain 25 points, but if you manage say 5 out of your 7 days, do you get 10 points (which was how I first read it)? OR is it that if you don't manage your full specs (whether you nearly manage it or don't manage ANY) then you deduct 10 points from your total number of points? Quite a difference in points there, depending on how you read / understand it?

Clarification anyone?

THANKS!

Oh, and GO SHARKS! :bigsmile:
  • usernamekelly1
    Options
    It's 25 points for each of the habits - but they have to be done in full, so there's no "part points" - if you don't complete any part of the habits, you have to deduct 10 points.
  • jaajh
    Options
    It's 25 points for each of the habits - but they have to be done in full, so there's no "part points" - if you don't complete any part of the habits, you have to deduct 10 points.

Thanks Kelly! MUCH clearer :-)
  • Sheri869
    Options
    WELLLLLL I can't thank you guys enough for noodling that out while I've been practicing till 10 at night after work and on weekends...I FINALLY Put the Points Up and Haven't had a minute to go back here KNOWING there would be questions!! I Am SO Sorry!!!

And Everything in the last clarifications are correct! And I did debate on the points counting Mon - Sun cuz I know the challenge week is different - but I did WANT them going over the entire 7 days and thought - since the challenge runs only 5 1/4 that nothing was going to be totally non-confusing so I just left it with a normal type week. Much of the stuff you can look back at your diaries (SO Make Sure You're Logging Correctly!) And I'm Pretty Sure You'll Know If you Complete YOUR personal Items for #4 and #5
    :drinker: YAY For Me!! :sad: I BLEW IT!! :explode: OHHHH SO CLOSE!!! Gonna Hit It Next Week!

Just a quick verification - as it was correct but there was some questions back and forth...

YES the double dipping works for your workouts - I'm Torturous but I DON'T expect you guys to kill yourself doing a 90 minute challenge workout AND another 60 minutes for points! And Soooo Yes Your FIRST Sunday workout wouldn't count for points cuz that didn't come into place until Monday - but from now on it will count.

As for #4 & #5 - I ALSO...made this count for all 7 days because many of you allotted time for something 4 days a week (or 5 or 6) and I KNOW on certain Hardcore Challenge days that might be Impossible for some timewise- so having challenge "off" days to complete part of your "goals" may prove quite helpful for many!

And YES You Do have to Complete YOUR ENTIRE #4 to get 25 pts AND your ENTIRE #5 for those 25 pts - But IF you miss your mark you do DEDUCT 10 pts from your total instead of getting the 25! (hoping that didn't sound more confusing)

As I Said...You do get 1 Chance to Change yours if you feel you need to...without losing the 25 pts for changing - (you still lose your 10 if you didn't complete the week though (sorry!) BUT this is a chance for a change if you find this can't work for you! DO NOT MAKE THIS EASY to get your points!! IT SHOULD BE A CHALLENGE and hopefully something you will be Really Proud of Completing By Then End!! Keep That In Mind When You're Struggling!!

AND Don't Freak Out If You Have a Bad Week and have to deduct points!! I would be VERY Surprised If Everyone didn't have at Least 1 or 2 weeks where it just wasn't possible for whatever reason! So we are all on a pretty level playing field! We ALL Have Lives And Cannot DO EVERTHING!!! Just Do Your Best!!! Thats All I'm Asking And All You Can Ask Of Yourselves!! PUSH Yourself!! But Don't Kill Yourself with this!!!! :heart:
  • mahastidance
    Options
    ay yayaayyyyy!!!!::huh: im going to need a HOW TO DO THIS CHALLENGES FOR DUMMIES, BOOK!!!:laugh: