Regain, Maintenance, Bad habits.

Hi guys!

This is an introductory and (hopefully) a discussion post. I'm three years post op with great success in going from 318 to 178# initially. The bulk of my weight loss was in the first year to 18 months, and I worked through a low carb (or, as I was considering it, a "natural carb") diet to get in the 180 range around Halloween of last year. I had to - I was on stage dancing in lingerie as Magenta, and I didn't want to embarrass myself!

In the year since last Halloween, however, I've gained 20-25# with the bulk of it happening during a rather nasty upper respiratory infection treated with steroids and antibiotics. I went from flirting with a 12 to nearly not fitting in 16s in a month. Ridiculous! This isn't why I had the surgery. I had been eating carbs daily - most days, I realize, I had been getting most of my calories in from carbs than from protein OR fats (even before the DS malabsorbtion factors in) so now I'm trying to change that, and I am struggling a bit. Bad habits from youth are very, very hard to break.

So, what are your bad habits? How do you overcome them? How do you negotiate with them (or do you)? Have you experienced regain? Have you triumphed over it? Are you in maintenance? How's that working out for you?