Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hand Swelling

cnlargent
cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
Foot swelling is to be expected, but anyone dealing with hand swelling that is painful? My hands aren't very swollen, but they are small, so any swelling makes them painful. Last night, it hurt to use a knife to cut my food and by the end of the day, making a fist is nearly impossible! I iced them and that seemed to help, and they are always better in the morning, but gradually, along with my feet, swell during the day.

Replies

• lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Yep, I've got it too. It hurts to make a fist! I read it's not at all unusual, so no cause for concern. It sure is annoying though.
  • lmercil
    lmercil Posts: 26 Member
    I am right there with you. I know how bad they hurt. I can barely make a fist in the mornings or hold a brush. Mine are also swollen but not crazy swollen. Enough that I can't wear my ring. Make sure you talk to your OB. My doctor said it was normal and suggested soaking them in cold water or taking cold showers. Mine has now turned into carpal tunnel in one hand (middle finger through pinky are numb). I have started wearing the wrist braces at night. I need to call my OB back as well. Sorry from my OB it sounded like there wasn't much you could do. Hang in there!
  • heathermora11
    heathermora11 Posts: 154 Member
    I struggled with pregnancy carpel tunnel in my first pregnancy. I noticed it was tied to my sodium intake. I don't have any medical articles to back it up, but with myy second pregnancy I ate MUCH less processed foods and NO salty snacks. It was night and day difference. Keep up the exercise, water intake, and keep the weight gain in a healthy range and hopefully it will get better or at least not worse! Congrats by the way :)
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    I struggled with pregnancy carpel tunnel in my first pregnancy. I noticed it was tied to my sodium intake. I don't have any medical articles to back it up, but with myy second pregnancy I ate MUCH less processed foods and NO salty snacks. It was night and day difference. Keep up the exercise, water intake, and keep the weight gain in a healthy range and hopefully it will get better or at least not worse! Congrats by the way :)

I had the same experience. I actually had to quit working at 38 weeks with my daughter because I could not feel any of my fingers. This time I have been eating low sodium and very clean and have had none of those issues. The swelling just started at 40 weeks and a only slight, nothing a little apple cider vinegar cannot fix. Good luck!!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    I started having severe hands & feet swelling at around 5 months. It sucked, but I think it's pretty common. My sis in law had that too.