Does order matter?

Options
dawnemjh
dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
When I go to the gym, a lot of times the racks are full or there is maybe one left so yesterday when I was using the rack for squats, I ended up doing the rows after the squats then doing to chest press because I was afraid that if I left the rack to do the chest press, it would be taken when I went back to do the rows. I don't HAVE to use the rack for the rows, but I am new to the gym and I haven't seen any free standing barbells....

At any rate, I was wondering if it matters if I do the press last as opposed to in the middle?

Thanks!

Replies

• dawnemjh
    Options
    its not a smith machine, but if there doesn't seem to be a surplus of barbells, so if someone started using the rack while I was doing chest presses, then I wouldn't have a barbell to use, even if I didn't use the rack.

Thanks for the input!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    The only time order may become an issue is on B days. I don't recommend doing squats and deadlifts back-to-back. Sometimes I do deadlifts first because the rack will be taken, so on those days, I'll do deadlifts, OHP, then squats so I give my legs a little break.

What do you use to do bench presses? If you don't use the Smith, you can just take the bar off of the bench and use that for your rows. That way, you won't have to use the rack.
  • dawnemjh
    Options
    The only time order may become an issue is on B days. I don't recommend doing squats and deadlifts back-to-back. Sometimes I do deadlifts first because the rack will be taken, so on those days, I'll do deadlifts, OHP, then squats so I give my legs a little break.

What do you use to do bench presses? If you don't use the Smith, you can just take the bar off of the bench and use that for your rows. That way, you won't have to use the rack.

Thanks! It never occurred to me to use the bar off the bench lol! I did realize on B days not to do the squats and deads back to back for that very reason!
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Squats are supposed to be done first.