The Best Laid Plans ....{TRIP...}

Options
Since our fearless leader, Wonder Woman, is off on a quest to save the world, I'm going to drop a topic in the Forum for everyone:

What do you do or how do you handle it when you have the perfect plan for the day (either foodwise, exercisewise, or both) and life throws an unexpected stumbling block under your feet that throws your plan off?

For me, because of my job, I have learned to always have a plan B, because my day can get thrown off very easily: I planned my food out because this is the night I eat out before going to dance class (usually Panera or Firehouse for a salad), well got a phone call at 3 that we're getting a sample, time of arrival is unknown, so dance class is cancelled for me, I have to stay at work, don't really know if I have time to run out and get something to eat or not so I always keep a protein shake at work and usually have an extra piece of fruit or some raw baby carrots in my lunch tote for a just in case I get extra hungry that day snack so I can get by until either my next meal or be able to plan for what I'm eating next so I don't blow it

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Roll with it. Eat the tasty food and work on correcting it in the future. This whole weight loss thing is a journey. You make mistakes and need to plan for things as the occur. Sometimes you fail. Sometimes you win. Just try to win more than you fail.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I try to make the best of options. I usually take lunch or snacks wherever I go but like you said sometimes I am out longer then expected say like a shopping trip with friends or work goes longer and I have to stay. So, if I have to buy food I try to pick the lesser of evils.
    Now like this week I did exercise (walking) but it was not the pace I normally go because I was with my mom. She does not walk as fast. So I really didn't do all my hard-core stuff. I can tell too! But I try not to beat self up because I am good at that. I tell myself "Tee you were spending quality time with family and that is a GOOD thing! You will not always have your mom so sacrificing time is okay" then I make up my mind to get back in the game harder the next week.
    I really believe the majority of healthy living and weight loss and maintaining is PLANNING and MENTAL HEALTH....meaning changing your mentality.