October Challenges?

Options
RedVelvette
RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
I'm wondering how people in this group are doing this month, what challenges they've had so far and/or expect for the rest of October?

For me, I've stayed pretty good with the no sugary sweets this month, with only a couple of exceptions. Also, I did have alcoholic beverages more times last week than I set out to when I started this group (I would like to only have alcohol 1-2 days a week, but then social events happen and I end up enjoying some bubbly with friends). So I'm more aware of the little indulgences.

I anticipate that my challenges will be at all the events leading up to Halloween, and then of course between Halloween and Christmas is sweet treat temptationland! (This period of the year is usually my worst, with one year gaining over 7 lbs in 2 months!) So, I'm just taking it one day at a time and am grateful for this group to help as a reminder to stay on track!

Does anyone have good sugar-free Halloween recipes they'd like to share? (^:^)

Replies

• fishnr2
    fishnr2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So far I keep not adding sugar. It's easy now. I'm not even tempted to change that. I had few cheat cookies. But that's it. I think I can do that as it's so natural now. I stopped drinking alcohol as it just doesn't go well with the exercise. My body just not coping well with it anymore. So all social events are alcohol free. Friends where making stupid comments at the start but stopped when they realized I'm not going to give up. It's much better that way.
  • marko320
    marko320 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I'd slim down even quicker if I abstained from alcohol, so I just scaled back to 3-4 days a week.
  • RedVelvette
    RedVelvette Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I survived October, only had 1/2 of a Reece's cup for Halloween, and a couple of desserts. Now that it's November, though, I'm feeling the craving for comfort foods, including sweets. The cold weather does that to me. It seems almost absurd to have a "Sugar-Free November Challenge", but maybe that's what needs to happen! Anyone else interested?