Team Blue ~ Week 1!

justformel
justformel Posts: 193 Member
Hi Team! The challenges have been set for this week. Please read the post: "Official Week 1 Thread". Lots of information in here, including what the weekly challenge is. Your response MUST be posted in that thread to earn your points.

Here's the recap of the information in that thread:

*********Recap********
1) Determine your team’s weigh in day and how you are supposed to report (ie PM, in the team thread, directly to the spreadsheet) ~~ For the Blue Team, you will post your weight in the current thread by 8pm EST on Mondays.
2) Report your weight and challenge completion by your teams established date (may be earlier than official weigh in time). Make sure you are aware of what that time is for you locally as it may be different. ~~ For the Blue Team, you will post your weigh in the current thread by 8pm EST on Mondays.
3) Post your “why” in the “Week 1 official thread”. This is a statement about why you are here and why you want to lose weight. Challenge this week is only reported as C (completed) or NA (not attempted. ~~ This will be an easy way to earn points, really no one should earn an NA this week. :wink:
4) Optional physical challenge : http://www.sparkpeople.com/assets/uploads/commercial_infographic.jpg ~~ This seems like a fun exercise. I suggest print it out and keep by the tv. :smile:

Many of us already stated our "WHYS" in the meet and greet, but copying it into this weeks thread will also be good after you post in the main thread.

Let's have a happy and healthy week! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Where should we post if we did the optional physical challenge?
  • justformel
    Let me find out. :happy:
  • justformel
    Where should we post if we did the optional physical challenge?

Because this is an optional challenge, there are no points awarded for completing or not completing. But if you do it, report back here and let your teammates know how it went. :smile:
  • lmanes1
    lmanes1 Posts: 64 Member
    Why? Ever since I injured my knees 20 years ago, I have gradually gained weight to my heaviestat 220. Last year I lost 19 lbs, but gained several back again. During this group last year, I stayed motivated and lost. I want to keep work stress from taking over and committing to getting the exercise I need. Knee pain no excuse! I learned I could do a lot more than I believed I could in the last year. My main goal is to get below 200 during this challenge.
  • lmanes1
    lmanes1 Posts: 64 Member
    I posted on the main thread too.
  • Anne0209
    Anne0209 Posts: 73 Member
    Why....I have struggled for years to get this weight off and I'm hoping that this challenge will move me in the right direction. I have 125 lbs. to lose overall and want to be sure to weigh in at the end of this challenge under 250 lbs, thats 40+ lbs to lose. 

I would like to be able to complete a 5k walk/run by the end of the challenge. I have bad knees from the highschool volleyball days so I have to be careful and watch how much pressure I'm putting on them and right now too much!! 

Ultimately I want to be in better shape and health for myself and for my family. Diabetes and heart disease is a big concern for me as my parents and brother all have issues...so far not me, I'm not in great shape but I do believe that my attempts at weight loss over the years has helped keep these issues at bay. Every year I get a checkup to be sure I'm still good, will get results within the week from this yrs checkup.

(I also posted this in the main thread)
  • Anne0209
    When is our team weigh in, are we doing monday or tuesday? and where do we log our weekly weights? Sorry if I missed this somewhere just don't want to miss team Blue's weigh in deadline
  • justformel
    When is our team weigh in, are we doing monday or tuesday? and where do we log our weekly weights? Sorry if I missed this somewhere just don't want to miss team Blue's weigh in deadline

We are going to post weights on the current thread we have going at the time, so for next weeks weigh in, it will be this thread. Also, we are going to have the deadline be 8PM EST on MONDAYS. This way Darcie and I have enough time to get the weights turned into the leader. :smile:
  • justformel
    Good Morning! Back when I started my journey 10+ yrs ago, I refused to go up one more pant size. I was at a 24 at the age of 24 and refused to buy bigger when I needed it. At that time, that was my why. Over the years as I have gotten older, my why has turned into, I want to be a good example for my girls. I know one of them is built like me and puts weight on easily like me. Although she is no where near being overweight cause of her activities now, I could see as she turns into a young adult that could easily change. My mother also has a lot of weight issues, is very overweight and has to take a ton of meds because of this problem. I don't want to be like that as I get older. She turned 56 this year and her mother passed away at 55 and her dad at 60. I don't want to leave my kids that early and I keep having the talks with her and she understands my concerns of her passing at such a young age too. There are a lot of medical issues that run through my family and I want to be a success story, I want my children to continue being proud of who their mother is. :happy:
  • justformel
    Looks like we are just missing one person's "WHY". Great job team stepping up and getting that done already.

I can feel its going to be a GREAT season! :flowerforyou:

Have a fabulous day!
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 413 Member
    Okay you guys I tried to do the optional challenge while watching Scandal last night!! Lol ummm #fail I didn't realize commercials were so fast!! I found myself having to look at the list a lot to search what exactly exercise I was suppose to be doing. Lol maybe I'll just stick with doing jumping jacks, sit ups and push ups doing commercials.
  • justformel
    Okay you guys I tried to do the optional challenge while watching Scandal last night!! Lol ummm #fail I didn't realize commercials were so fast!! I found myself having to look at the list a lot to search what exactly exercise I was suppose to be doing. Lol maybe I'll just stick with doing jumping jacks, sit ups and push ups doing commercials.

Great job trying!! I never watch "live" tv anymore, so never have a chance to watch commercials. LOL
  • kyoung1908
    I went and bought the weights that were suggested from Walmart. Can't wait until next week's challenge.
  • Anne0209
    I dont watch "live" tv either usually netflix or nothing but I did exercise during the entire biggest loser episode last week
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    What are some of your guys' favorite healthy snacks? Favorite Healthy dinners?
  • devans25
    devans25 Posts: 36 Member
    Why?

I need to do this for myself and my newborn son. I want to start him off right by leading by example and eating right myself. I don't want to be skinny but healthy! This is not a diet but a lifestyle change.
  • kyoung1908
    What are some of your guys' favorite healthy snacks? Favorite Healthy dinners?

I like different kinds of fruit. I especially love grapes. Healthy dinners?? Hmm I like fish and lemon peppered chicken.
  • kyoung1908
    I think this is where I'm suppose to post my weight for the week.

Current Weight: 202.6
  • devans25
    devans25 Posts: 36 Member
    Current weight, 208
  • Anne0209
    Week 1 weigh-in: 286.6 lbs