Looking for Inspiration

Options
L2HS
L2HS Posts: 137 Member
Hi Everyone! I've technically been a member of MFP for a while but have just recently discovered the forums and groups. I also have a renewed zest to losing weight. I have discovered that my motivation to lose weight to look and feel great on my wedding day was nothing compared to my motivation to lose weight in order to conceive. I managed to lose 30 pounds for my wedding and promptly gained 15 of it back by the end of our honeymoon. (It's so unfair that I can just look at a piece of bread and instantly gain weight.) Long story short, I was told by my doctor that I needed to lose weight in order for us to discuss options for me to conceive. She mentioned surgery as time was of the essence. My husband and I discussed it and I wanted to give myself 6 months to really try my best to lose as much weight as I possibly could. So far, I am on track. I have not hit the dreaded plateau yet. I'm bracing for it though.

My doctor told me to bring my weight down to 185. (I'm almost half-way from my start weight! Yay!) I think she may have been trying to be nice and give me hope because at my height, I need to be 165 to bring the BMI from "obese" to "overweight". Now, I know BMI is not everything but it gives me a number to shoot for. I also know that with PCOS, bringing my weight down will not magically guarantee that I will conceive but it will increase my chances.

So what I would like to know is that is there anyone out there with a success story? Or is there anything else I can do to TTC? I need some hope and some help. Thanks!

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I have a six year old daughter. I started a group for pregnant women with PCOS on MFP and so far we have 12 members so lots of success there!
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You can also try checking out soulcysters.net - a specifically PCOS forum. Lots of success stories there... gives me hope!
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    I lost weight just by doing Myfitnesspal and I did see a fertility DR and an acupuncturist but as of now I am almost 7 weeks pregnant. I had gotten to the point just last month feeling absolutly hopeless, nothing made me feel hopefull and I started doing a bible study and the acupuncture/chipractic, and my husband I started praying together regularly.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I lost weight just by doing Myfitnesspal and I did see a fertility DR and an acupuncturist but as of now I am almost 7 weeks pregnant. I had gotten to the point just last month feeling absolutly hopeless, nothing made me feel hopefull and I started doing a bible study and the acupuncture/chipractic, and my husband I started praying together regularly.

WifeofPJ - hadn't seen you comment in awhile about how it was going and I'm SOOOO thrilled for you that you are now pregnant! I'm crossing my fingers for you that you get easily to that magic 12 week number! Good luck with everything!
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options

WifeofPJ - hadn't seen you comment in awhile about how it was going and I'm SOOOO thrilled for you that you are now pregnant! I'm crossing my fingers for you that you get easily to that magic 12 week number! Good luck with everything!

Thanks! I have been lerking around the board a bit. But infertility was really hard emotionally on me, so I didn't want to post on this board that I was pregnant. But since the OP had asked for inspiring stories I figured I'd let her know my story :) I though am sold on acupuncture, I really feel that it had a play in this last cycles success. Yes waiting for that magic number 12, I do have my first U/S on Monday and I will feel better once I know the baby has a good heart beat.
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies! I've found that MFP is a great network of very supportive people. I'm hopeful that I will achieve the weight loss required. The rest, is up to God. Thank you all again.
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    Hello!

I have 2 kids 13 and 5 and I am TTC again since I have been remarried and my new husband wants a child of his own. I know my weight is a huge part of infertility. I am now under 200 so I'm hoping for a BFP soon. Hubby just went to get tested just in case he is the problem but I doubt it is.

GL!