Options
13»

Replies

• kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    472269.jpg

Addictive Pumpkin Muffins

My family loves this recipe! I leave out the walnuts for personal preference.

INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup raisins
    1-1/2 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose
    flour
    1-1/3 cups white sugar
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    2 eggs
    3/8 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
    1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/3 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan, or line with paper muffin liners. Soak raisins in hot water for ten minutes to plump, then drain.
    2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin, and applesauce, until smooth. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly to make a smooth batter. Stir the raisins and walnuts into the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
    3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Nutrition

Calories 207 kcal
    Carbohydrates 42.1 g
    Cholesterol 35 mg
    Fat 3.3 g
    Fiber 1.6 g
    Protein 3.6 g
    Sodium 237 mg

I'm going to be trying this one today or tomorrow!:drinker:
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    472269.jpg

Addictive Pumpkin Muffins

My family loves this recipe! I leave out the walnuts for personal preference.

INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup raisins
    1-1/2 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose
    flour
    1-1/3 cups white sugar
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    2 eggs
    3/8 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
    1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/3 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan, or line with paper muffin liners. Soak raisins in hot water for ten minutes to plump, then drain.
    2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin, and applesauce, until smooth. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly to make a smooth batter. Stir the raisins and walnuts into the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
    3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Nutrition

Calories 207 kcal
    Carbohydrates 42.1 g
    Cholesterol 35 mg
    Fat 3.3 g
    Fiber 1.6 g
    Protein 3.6 g
    Sodium 237 mg

I'm going to be trying this one today or tomorrow!:drinker:

Enjoy! This is such a great recipe and easily adaptable for what you have on hand- like I don't keep ground cloves so I'll just use pumpkin pie spice. Thinking of adding some maple extract and using splenda for the next batch!