DAY 1

Options
Today is my first day of my first 24 day challenge. Wish me luck! Any advice??:smile:

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting the challenge!

Best advice is that the first few days will be tough, but hang in there and around day 4 it really does get easier and you're going to find more energy.

Also don't get on the scale every day. My friend did and was excited to see she was dropping a pound every day. Well after 4 days that stopped and it depressed her. I weighed myself on day 1, day 11, and day 25.

Keep me posted on your progress!
  • wyonygal
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. Yesterday went okay for the first day I think. The hardest part was lunch for me. I basically had a plain salad with chicken and salsa. I was afraid to have dressing and couldn't think of anything that would be okay. I struggle with some veggies, so this wasn't the best for me. I think today I'll cook some veggies. Any advice on salads for the future? What is okay to use on them. I know this is a very basic question...I just don't want to mess this up first thing! :smile:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I would stick with a vinaigrette or a light dressing, and just watch portion size (use the dip-the-fork method). Stay away from the heavy/creamy dressings.

I was not a veggie eater either, so I really had to learn how to like them. The advice I got that helped me was to come up with a list of what veggies you do like, and then put them on a rotation so you don't get sick of them. Eat asparagus one day, then green beans the next day, then broccoli the next day, then a salad the next day, then back to asparagus, etc. I usually use the steamer bags of frozen veggies that don't have any sauces/seasonings in them. I found different brands make a huge difference - I always bought Green Giant and then one day bought Bird's Eye and liked it a lot better - so experiment with brands too.
  • acosta02
    acosta02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The best salad dressing is Walden Farms. They are calorie free and taste great. They are somewhat difficult to find sometimes. Fairway Supermarkets usually carry a large selection or you can use olive oil and balsami vinagre with a touch of salt, always adds a good taste to salads.
  • girlvsplanet
    girlvsplanet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can have dressing. I use a raspberry walnut vinaigrette. I think Ken's is the brand. Also, you don't have to eat everything plain. I usually add a little bit of olive oil and some seasoning to my veggies and they taste a lot better. I like to buy mixed veggies, that way it's not quite so boring. Also, you don't have to completely deprive yourself of things you like. Just eat them in moderation. I even have a beer here and there and I still lose weight and don't feel like I'm cheating.